aftermath

violet

i wake up to an annoying beeping sound. my head hurts worse than i have ever felt. i don't open my eyes right away because i can tell there are bright lights on. i groan.

"she's awake." i hear a voice yell out. i scrunch my face up because my head hurts but that somehow makes me hurt more.

"lights." i whisper out.

instantly, i can tell the lights are either out or turned down.

i squint my eyes open but i can only see out of one. immediately, i see jungkook in front of me.

"hey, pretty girl. how are you feeling?" he asks softly.

"i'm okay. what happened?" i whisper hoarsely.

"you were attacked while you were out walking." comes tae's voice from my other side.

slowly, i turn my head in his direction but it hurts the side of my face. i lift my hand to my face and immediately wince when i touch it.

"baby, don't touch." jin says coming forward to reach for my hand.

"why can i only see out of one eye?" i ask softly.

"one half of your face is so swollen that you can't open your eye." hobi says walking closer to the bed.

i look around the room and see jimin, namjoon and yoongi by the door. i send a smile in that direction but it drops when i make eye contact with yoongi. he looks sad but i can't feel sorry for him right now. he was so mean to me earlier. he is the whole reason i was out alone.

"so am i stuck in the hospital now?" i ask, slightly annoyed.

"no. right now you are in the ER. you have a concussion and they needed to keep you at least until you woke up. i will get the doctor so he can come examine you and see about getting you home." namjoon says before walking away.

i make eye contact with yoongi again and he opens his mouth and tries to step forward but jimin blocks him. they must know how he treated me. i don't feel sorry for him right now. it's gonna take a little while before i forgive him and it looks like it will be that way for my guys too.

i sit in silence for a little while, while the events of the night begin replaying in my head. calling yoongi again and again and being rejected every time. suddenly i gasp and try to sit up.

"flower, what's wrong. don't try to sit up until the doctor comes." jin says.

"justin? is he okay? he tried to help me. tell me he is okay."

jin made me lay back down. "he's okay. he has a couple of broken ribs but he will be fine. his wife came by a little while ago to give us an update and to get one on you since he has been asking how you were."

i relaxed. soon after the doctor came in.

"hello, violet. how you feeling?" he asks.

"i'm okay i think. my face and head hurt a lot."

"yeah, unfortunately, the only thing i can do for that is give you some mild pain killers. i need to check your pupils and do an examination before i can let you go." the doctor explains.

i nod. he puts his light in front of my face and pulls my good eye open. i blindly reach out of a hand and immediately someone is there, rubbing circles on the back of my hand.

he moves on to my swollen eye and immediately apologizes before prying it open. i whimper and the hand tightens on mine. he then listens to my breathing and checks my ribs and limbs and he says it will be fine if i am discharged.

soon after, a nurse comes in to remove the IV and for me to sign some papers and get a prescription for the pain meds.

after we arrive at home, jimin and jungkook are glued to me. they refuse to leave me alone and insist on doing things for me. i lay on the couch with my head in jungkook's lap and my feet in jimin's. i dose in and out of sleep. at one point, i am half asleep and i hear jin telling jungkook that when i wake up i need to take my medicine.

some time later, i am half awake again and i hear low voices arguing. it sounds like jungkook and jimin talking to someone else. it takes me a minute to realise they are talking to yoongi.

"i just want to see for myself that she is okay. okay? she's my soulmate too. you can't keep her from me." he says angrily.

"this is your fault! she called you for help and you ignored her!" jimin says.

"she even asked you to go with her and you refused! you're such an ass. she can decide if she wants to see you when she wakes up." jungkook says and i can feel him pull me closer.

i hear footsteps retreat and the boys start talking but i drift off again and can't hear them.

i wake up around dinner time. jin insisted on making my favorite dish. all the guys are in the kitchen and dining room getting everything ready. i stand and slowly make my way to the dining room. the pain meds make me a little dizzy but nothing too bad.

"baby, what are you doing?" taehyung exclaims and rushes over to me.

"tae, baby, i'm fine. i can walk. i'm just a little slower than normal." i say with a smile at his pout.

i sit in my usual spot at the table and everyone trips over themselves trying to give me water, a plate, food and utensils.

i smile at them and look across the table. Yoongi is sitting there looking at me with so much guilt and sadness that i have to look away. i know he feels bad and i will forgive him eventually but it won't be tonight.