Chapter-5

Pihu

Ever felt nervousness, excitement, happiness and anxiety at a same time, I was feeling these mixed emotion at a time. It was 7 in the morning and I was laying on the bed, I slept only 2 hours but I woke up because of nightmare and then I can't sleep. I was scared to sleep as again I will get a nightmare and then I will have an anxiety attack. And today is my first day at Job, I was very nervous.

"Wake up Pihu, before aunt comes and wakes you up in her way"

I thought and quickly got up from my bed, I took my cloths and went to washroom to do my morning chores. I wore a red kurti with black pant and dupatta (scarf), I didn't have any formal cloths and I never wore jeans or top as it was restricted for me to wear.

After I wore my cloths, I decided to left my long brown hairs open. The only thing I love in myself are my hairs, my mom also used to have same long hairs. I quickly applied some lotion, lip gloss and kohl, I never got ready so much but as it is my first day I am getting ready. I took my bag and other needed things and left my room. As I came out of the room, I saw breakfast was ready on dining table and I was confused that who made it.

I saw thakurmaa coming out of kitchen with two nurses, and a servant placing a dish on dining table.

"Thakurmaa, why did you came out of your room?" I asked helping her to sit on chair.

"Its okay pihu, today is your first day of job in the biggest hospital. I want to give blessing to you" she said patting my head lovingly.

"Okay thakurmaa"

"Come have breakfast with me and I am not gonna take any excuses" she said sternly.

I sat beside her, aunt and uncle came glaring at me. They will not do anything infront of thakurmaa as both of them are scared of her. Both of them sat and started having their breakfast, I started eating silently. Suddenly I heard some footsteps, as I looked up my eyes turned glossy. Abhimaan bhai was standing there.

"Pia"

"Bhai" my voice became hoarse, I saw him after a month as he was continuously busy with his work and uncle was giving him more and more work. I quickly ran towards him, he engulfed me in his hug. I started sobbing, I felt him rubbing my back.

"Hey pihu, shh I don't want you to cry like this. Shhh calm down ok" he said consoling me with his soothing words. I broke the hug, he cupped my face and wiped my tears with his thumb.

"Bhai I missed you" I said, my lips were trembling.

"Hey shh its okay, I heard you got the job in The lifeline hospital, my sister rocked it and fulfilled her dream. I am proud of you" he said with a soft smile.

"Don't make me emotional now, come I want to have breakfast with both my childrens, come" said thakurmaa making bhai laugh and me smile.

We both had our breakfast, bhai and thakurmaa kept me busy in their talks, I didn't saw two person who were continuously glaring me. After having breakfast, thakurmaa blessed me and left to her room with bhai. Suddenly, a hand grabbed my arm harshly and dugged their nails in my skin making me wince.

"Why are you so much dressed up today? Want to whore around huhh" aunt said angrily.

"Au....aunt please, its paining"

"Ohh really, why were you.." aunt started but stopped when she saw abhi bhai glaring at aunt.

"Mom what the hell are you doing? How can you utter so cheap words for a girl, leave my sister" bhai said sending a death glare to aunt, she reluctantly left my arm with a jerk and gulped when she saw bhai's angry face. She left to her room, bhai came to me and wiped my tears.