Part 5

"We have a huge problem," Alaric dropped a pile of papers on his classroom desk while Damon sat on top of one of the kids desk.

Damon ran his hand through his hair, "What else is new?"

Alaric glared at Damon, "Emma is from the Petrova bloodline."

"You might want to check your class roster again," Damon raised his eyebrow, at this point he was running out of ways to be surprised, "her last name is Peters."

Alaric shook his head, "Remember that trip we took to Duke and that book that had the Petrova Family history, well, it turns out that Kathrine wasn't the only Petrova to come over to America. I don't think Klaus knows about Emma, or at least not her lineage. We would have seen some kind of move from him by now."

"Why did they immigrate?" Damon pulled his flask out of his jacket.

"That's the million dollar question," Ric took the flask out of Damon's hand and took a swig for himself.

"Wait. Klaus has no reason to come after her though, she isn't a doppelgänger. Problem solved before it starts," Damon said victoriously.

Alaric rolled his eyes, "And you don't think that he wouldn't be at least a little curious to see if his master plan works with any Petrova blood. He still can't find out about her."

Damon hopped off the student desk and started for the door but Alaric stopped him, "Where are you going? We need to figure out how the hell to get rid of Klaus."

"To meet my girlfriend, who may I remind you, you are the one who in-trusted me to protect, therefore I have a job, that I enjoy very much, to go do."

"I hate you so much," Alaric stared daggers at Damon at the mention of Damon and Emma as a couple.

"Love you too buddy," Damon smiled smugly before he rushed out of Alaric's classroom and to his car, now he needed to be near Emma at all times more than ever before.

Damon gave his steering wheel a shove in frustration, he just wanted the Originals gone and life to back to whatever normal it could be. Although he did have one major lie still hanging over his head at all times. The hunter was still unaware her prey was right under her nose, holding her close at night. Damon's only hope was that he could convince Emma that she had turned him into something much closer to human than he had been in one hundred and fifty years. He had even tried to do the 'Stefan special'; a diet of animal blood instead but when he held the squirming squirrel by the tail he gagged and dropped it before he could even get it close to his mouth. Blood bags would forever be his only redeemer. Damon shook his head to clear it before he headed off to the Mystic Grill where he was supposed to meet Emma for lunch.

As the bell dinged over the door to announce his arrival Damon's eyes immediately scanned the area for Emma. When he found her, if his heart could stop beating it would have and his defenses instinctively raised to full alert. Klaus was sitting with Emma and what ever one of them had said had made Klaus laugh. Damon could only see the back of Emma's head so he couldn't see her reaction. Stefan stood beside the table and he looked at his brother with success written on his face. Damon stormed over to the table and began to grab her arm when Klaus addressed him.

"Damon, my old friend," Klaus gave Damon a look of warning, "I was just talking to this beautiful woman, Emma, who says she knows you."

Damon let go of Emma's arm and looked at her, where he had grabbed her, she had red marks that would eventually turn into bruises and he cursed himself for letting himself go that far. Emma's face was covered in a slight fear, but he wasn't sure if it was towards him or because of the way he had reacted; possibly even something that Klaus had said. Damon took a seat next to Emma but kept senses on high alert.