Part 26

Stefan opened the front door to the boarding house and let Emma enter ahead of him, inside Caroline and Elena were sitting by the fireplace.

"How is Alaric?" Emma asked.

Caroline smiled at her, "I gave him a bottle of Bonnie's herbs and he went home, he should be fine. Did you kill Finn?"

Emma nodded.

"Nothing worked until I see Klaus's dead body myself," Stefan crossed his arms.

Elena's phone began to ring, she looked down at it, "It's Bonnie."

She answered it and put it on speaker phone.

"Bonnie, where have you been?" Elena asked.

"Klaus had Damon," Bonnie said from the other side.

Both Emma and Stefan looked at each other in shock.

"Klaus should be dead," Elena explained, "Emma just killed Finn."

"No," Bonnie sighed sadly, "Elena, he forced me to do a spell that unlinked all of the siblings. He's still alive."

"Where is Damon?" Emma asked.

"At Klaus's mansion," Bonnie took a moment before saying more, "he's in rough shape Emma. I'm sorry, they threatened Jeremy, and my mom..."

"Are you okay?" Elena asked.

They could all hear Bonnie take a few deep breaths before answering the question, "I don't know, I'm sorry, I have to go. I just...I have to go."

Bonnie hung up before anyone could say something to stop her.

Emma stood up from her chair and headed for the door, she grabbed Damon's car keys. Stefan and Elena rushed up behind her.

"Where are you going?" Elena asked.

"Go find Bonnie with Caroline," Emma almost growled.

Stefan ran up to Emma's side, "I'm going with you."

Emma nodded, fine with his resolve.

"Klaus is stronger than you, we need another plan," Elena pleaded behind them.

Emma held up her middle finger at Elena with the Phoenix ring on it, "Not to be rude, but wanna make a bet?"

"We need Klaus dead Elena," Stefan tried to explain.

"You two are acting out of anger," Elena stomped her foot.

Emma raised her eyebrow, "Did you seriously just stamp your foot at us?"

Stefan ignored it, "Anger gets things done."

"Or it gets all three of you killed," Elena argued back.

Caroline finally stepped up and crossed her arms, "I miss well-adjusted Stefan."

"And I miss my boyfriend, so if you'll excuse me," Emma opened the front door and saw an angry vampire in front of her.

"Ding dong," Sage grinned evilly and reached her hand out, she grabbed Emma's throat and lifted her into the air, throwing her back inside, "don't worry I'm not here for any of you, just Stefan and Emma."

Elena ran for the door but another vampire that Sage had brought along with her blocked the way out.

"We had to kill him Sage," Stefan tried to diffuse the situation.

"Oh good, you remember me," Sage smiled before kicked Stefan back, "then you know I like to go all ten rounds."

Emma started to stand up, she pulled a piece of the chair, that Stefan had broken in his fall, off and held it up to defend herself. Sage suddenly stopped her advances and began coughing, blood began to pour from her nose.