Part 14

Emma wore her hair pinned up in a curled bun, her navy blue a-line dress reached her knees and fit tightly around her waist, giving her a good range of motion, the spaghetti straps made sure the dress would stay in place. She had a stake strapped to her right leg, ready for anything. Matt had driven her and Kathrine, who was taking Elena's place, to the dance.

"Where is he?" Emma asked Kathrine, referring to Klaus.

From the stage that had been set up Klaus began to speak, "Good evening everyone, I wanna thank you for being here with me to celebrate! It's been a long time coming!"

"I'll give you one guess," Kathrine, who was taking Elena's place, rolled her eyes at Emma, "so much for homecoming."

Matt looked around nervously, "This is so weird, us being here together."

"There's Caroline," Emma pointed out as the blonde approached them, "act normal, she doesn't know anything."

"Hey, Klaus is here," Caroline said in a sad but frustrated tone.

"We heard," Emma looked around trying to find where he had gone.

"Yeah, apparently our sired hybrid-friend Tyler thought it would be okay to let his master throw a party," Caroline was clearly pissed that she had been upstaged, "I expected more...surprise."

"I've learned not to be surprised by anything Klaus does," Kathrine said plainly, "I'm going to go find Bonnie."

"And I am going to start stalking the prey," Emma and Kathrine left, going opposite ways.

Emma started up the stairs to get a decent vantage point while she waited for Damon to join the party. She walked around, blending as best as she could while trying to act like she was just another teen at the party. From her high ground she saw Klaus approach Kathrine and start speaking to her, she couldn't hear them but the conversation seemed tense. When she spotted Damon at the front door she headed his way.

As she approached him she saw the guy he was in a heated conversation with drop to the floor, his heart in Damon's hand.

"Hybrid," he explained as he dropped the heart to the ground and wiped his hand on his jeans.

"Holy crap," Emma said breathless.

"Damn, I have to find more excuses to get you dressed up," Damon eyed Emma up and down before he grabbed her hand and pulled her with him.

Damon spotted Tyler and headed straight for him, letting go of Emma's hand and immediately grabbing Tyler and throwing him into an empty room that was near by, Emma followed Damon and closed the door behind her and stepping into the room with both men.

"As host you should know that these hybrids don't make the best first impressions," Damon growled as he let go of Tyler's shirt.

"Whatever move your making, Klaus is going to be ready for you," Tyler tried to explain the severity of the situation to Damon, "he'll kill anyone at this party if he has to."

"Tell someone who cares," Damon took two large steps towards Tyler and grabbed him.

Both men did their best to keep the upper hand. Meanwhile Emma did her best to stay out of the way of the super human strength, she knew she had no chance in the fight. Tyler bared his teeth and started trying to bite at Damon, who was just fast enough to dodge each chomp. Damon flicked his wrist and a stake flew out of its holder on his forearm, he held it over Tyler and was just about to bring it down and into the hybrid's chest when both of them fell over clasping their heads in pain.

Emma looked to the door and saw Bonnie holding her hand out towards the two supernatural beings, clearly doing some sort of spell.

"Bonnie," Emma whispered, at the sound of Emma's voice she stopped whatever spell she was doing on Damon, but continued her attack on Tyler.