Part 15

"I feel like I'm going crazy," Elena said frustrated after she had just finished tell Emma and Bonnie about her feeling of being followed, "totally paranoid all the time."

"You have a right to be," Bonnie was quick to defend her friend.

Emma nodded in agreement, "Klaus is still out there and he knows we tried to kill him."

"Why hasn't he made a move? There has been no sign of him, nothing. Just my slow spiral into insanity," Elena crossed her arms.

"Join the club," Bonnie sat back, "every time I close my eyes I have that nightmare, on repeat."

"The same one?" Emma asked.

Bonnie nodded, "Yeah, four coffins, Klaus is in one of them. It's weird."

Elena sat up slightly with a revelation, "What if it's not just some dream? What if it's like, you know, a witch dream?"

"It's just stress, I'll figure it out," Bonnie shook her head as if she was clearing it, "what about Stefan? Has there been any sign of him?"

Elena looked down sadly, "He betrayed us Bonnie, the Stefan that we know is gone."

"How is Damon handling it?" Bonnie said cautiously as she turned to Emma for an answer.

"Self destructive," Emma looked over to the bar where Damon was studying several bottle of liquor, "but judging by your tone, I'm guessing he acts out when he is hurt."

Both girls nodded. Emma sighed and pulled out her phone, hoping that she had missed the call that she had been praying for since her sister died. She didn't understand why it was taking Lexi so long to answer her repeated calls and messages. With lightning quick fingers she sent another text message to her friend and put her phone away. When she looked back up, Damon had stepped up to their table.

"So Elena," Damon looked down at Elena, "about Jeremy."

"Now what?" Elena said exasperated.

Damon scoffed and walked off to the dart boards without looking back. Elena gave Emma a frustrated look before following him. Damon grabbed the darts and made his first bullseye.

"What do you think that is about?" Bonnie asked Emma.

Emma looked over her shoulder at Alaric who had just been speaking with Damon, "My guess is something to do with school."

Alaric gave Emma a quick wave, she quickly turned back to Bonnie without returning the gesture.

"You have to talk to him eventually," Bonnie gave Emma a reassuring smile.

Emma started to stand up, "The hell I do."

She started to walk over to Damon who was clearly not doing well.

"What makes you think I'm not okay?" He said accusingly to Elena.

"You're day-drunk," she explained her reasoning, "it's not exactly your most attractive look."

"Hmm," Damon smiled, "what is my most attractive look?"

Emma rolled her eyes, not even phased by a drunk Damon flirting with Elena. He was hurt and Emma was familiar enough with that feeling to not judge his misjudgments.

"Come here," she motioned for Damon to join her on a bar stool, he did, she looked at Elena, "what happened?"

"Jeremy is cheating in school and got fired all in the same week," she said and looked down at her phone as she tried to decide if she should call her brother again.

"Is it a Mystic Falls thing, that the guys can't figure out how to properly deal with their emotions?" Emma pointed at Damon who was using her shoulder to support his head.