Part 30

Emma paced as she waited for Damon to arrive, he was dropping Elena and Jeremy off after their long trip. She spun the ring on her finger as she walked, knowing Stefan's secondary motive for sending his brother with Elena to pick up Jeremy had been chipping away at her subconscious, sending thoughts to her mind that made her question if Stefan was right. Suddenly Emma heard bags hit the hardwood floor and she spun around to see Damon in the doorway.

"Trying to dig a rut in the wood?" Damon joked.

Emma ran to him and jumped into his arms, Damon immediately locked his lips with Emma's as she wrapped her legs around his waist and he supported her weight with his arms. Damon took a few steps into their bedroom and closed the door with his foot.

"Guess you didn't miss me much," Damon smiled as Emma started kissing along his jawline.

Emma leaned her forehead against Damon's, "Maybe just a little."

Damon set Emma down on the bed and kissed her chest as he leaned over her.

"Wait, wait, wait," Emma stopped him, Damon groaned as he lifted his eyes to look at her, "tell me about your trip."

He raised his eyebrow, "You got a call or text from me any time anything happened babe, you're all caught up."

Emma sat up on her elbows, "I, umm, I know why Stefan didn't go."

"Oh," Damon's head dropped down and he sat to the side of Emma as she sat up, he grabbed her hands in his, "there isn't anything to tell you Em, honestly. She kissed me, I pushed her away, and then I told her to back off."

"She kissed you?" Emma's anger flared slightly.

"You don't need to go burn her house down Em," Damon tried to make her laugh.

"How could she do that to me? I thought we were friends," Emma looked down at her hands intertwined with Damon.

"I really don't know what to tell you about that," Damon used his finger push Emma's chin up so she was looking at him, "but since you've been in the picture, pretty much any feelings I had for her and null and void."

Emma nodded, her faith in her relationship restored but her heart still slightly broken by the betrayal from a friend.

"Alaric hasn't popped back up yet?" Damon asked.

"He hasn't called me."

Damon took out his phone and called Alaric, his eyes narrowed when it went straight to voicemail. He put his phone on the nightstand.

"I'm sure it's fine," Damon played it off even though he was worried, "isn't there a dance tonight?"

Emma shrugged, "I guess, why?"

"Because you never asked me to be your date," Damon pretended to look offended.

Emma rolled her eyes and straddled Damon's waist, "Damon Salvatore, would you like to escort me to a dance?"

"Do I get to see you all dolled up again?"

Emma laughed, "I should be able to work something out."

She pressed her lips against Damon's as his hands roamed her body.

"Where the hell have you been?" Damon asked Alaric over the phone, "I've been calling you all day."

"Yeah sorry, I just needed sometime to get my head together," Alaric made up an excuse for his absence as he looked over to Rebekah.

"So I take it Rebekah got the stake," Damon replied.