Part 34

Stefan's phone buzzed and he looked at it briefly, "Abby is at the boarding house."

"Good," Klaus leaned back in his seat, "perhaps this plan won't be an epic failure after all. You know, if this does go off and we drop the history teacher in the Atlantic, I'm still leaving with Elena."

"I'll go with you," Stefan told him.

Emma remained silent in the back seat.

"Really?" Klaus seemed genuinely surprised, "What's the catch?"

"There is no catch," Stefan explained, "I'd turn my back on everything here to make sure Elena was safe."

"And that is what makes you her better option. It's a shame it's not easier for Elena to see that," Klaus turned slightly in his seat so he could see Emma too, "I mean, personally, I think she's wasting her time with Damon."

Emma scoffed, "That is exactly what she is doing, wasting time."

"You know, all this time and energy you've spent trying to get me and my brother to hate each other. It's actually had the opposite effect," Stefan grinned.

Klaus laughed, "Has it? Has it really? Well, then perhaps I should let Elena decide which Salvatore joins us, being as you and Damon are so close."

"You're mind game isn't going to work Klaus," Emma sat up, "she only has two options, Stefan Salvatore, or no Salvatore."

Emma got out of the car and walked over to a picnic table.

"Keep it up Klaus, Damon and I have been through a hell of a lot worse than you," Stefan got out of the car and went to join Emma.

Emma stared at the front door of the school, tossing her options around in her head for how to help Alaric after he was desiccated.

"Can we take Ric to the bunker in Kansas after all of this?" She asked Stefan.

"If it is as secure as you say it is, then that is probably the best place anyway," Stefan deduced, he sighed before he added, "don't let Klaus put doubt in your head, Damon loves you."

Emma looked over and smiled at Stefan, "I know."

"Do you though?" Emma felt Damon's arms snake around her as he sat down next to her.

"If you don't think I know enough, you are more than welcome to show me later," Emma teased before she kissed him.

Bonnie rolled her eyes as she walked up, "Anyway, I just got this app, it connects me to Caroline and Elena through our phones. They're in Alaric's classroom, you should go through the South entrance."

Damon scoffed, "A digital locator spell, why the hell would you need that."

"You're age is showing grandpa," Jeremy joked.

"That's great, great, great..." Damon looked at Emma, "is it three, four, or five greats?"

"I really, really don't want to think about it," Emma shook her head.

Damon saw Jeremy's resurrection ring on his finger, he held his hand out towards him, "Hand it over."

"I'm not giving you my ring," Jeremy said defiantly, "let me do this."

"By my math, you've already bit it once, this will be twice, wearing that thing; and if for some reason, Bonnie can't restart your heart and you do indeed die, then before you know it, we have another psycho alter ego case on our hands, which is bad so give me the ring," Damon put his hand out closer to Jeremy.

"This is my ring and Elena is my sister, no one is going to fight harder for her than me," Jeremy continued to argue.

"Fine be stubborn," Damon pursed his lips before he looked at Bonnie, "try not to kill him, will you?"