Part 12

"You are hard to keep up with," Elena commented when she got out of her car and met Emma at the door.

Emma smiled, "I have a love for danger."

"That explains your love for Damon," Elena smiled knowingly at Emma.

"Bit of a stretch Elena," Emma said as she opened the door and entered the house.

The girls entered and heard music playing in the foyer and saw Rebekah with a champagne glass.

"Hey! What's up?" she greeted them, "Oh good you brought Emma, one more person to help."

"Help?" Elena asked, "You invited me over here to talk."

Rebekah turned toward someone they couldn't see, "All right girls, have at it."

With her order six women came out and lined up, all of them wearing different long gowns in vibrant colors, in front of Rebekah.

"Okay, now twirl please," the women followed the command mindlessly.

"What the hell," Emma watched almost amused.

Elena was disgusted, "You compelled your own runway show?

"I need a Homecoming dress, so what do you think?" Rebekah took a sip of her champagne, "Pick one."

"I'm not here to help you shop," Elena crossed her arms, "I'm here to find out why you don't want to wake up Mikael."

Rebekah slowly put her drink down before rushing one of the girls, showing her fangs and threatening to kill her. Emma's stance changed from careless to alert and on defense.

"I said pick one Elena," Rebekah began lowering her mouth closer to the woman's neck.

"The-The red one," Elena said panicked, as soon as she spoke Rebekah let go of the girl.

"There, was that so hard?" Rebekah turned to all the girls, "Go away, remember nothing."

"I might be a bit over my head here with this mean girl crap," Emma commented as she relaxed slightly.

Rebekah strolled over to her glass and picked it back up, "Do not threaten me. You'll learn what I allow you to learn. Is that clear?"

Elena nodded and moved closer to Emma, who in turn rolled her eyes.

"Want to go exploring ladies?" Rebekah led the charge.

Elena and Emma followed Rebekah upstairs, Rebekah stopped at Stefan's room and entered it without a second thought.

"How fun is this?" She asked as she started rummaging through some of Stefan's drawers.

Elena looked cautious, "We shouldn't be here."

"Course we should! Come on, like you've never wanted to snoop," she help up a pair of Stefan's briefs, "boxer briefs. A lot has changed since the twenties."

Emma crossed her arms, "Are you gonna tell us your story or root through his stuff all night?"

"You really are no fun," Rebekah pouted, "what do you want to know?"

Elena stepped forward, "Elijah said that your father was a landowner in Europe. How did you end up here?"

"My parents had just started a family when a plaque stuck their homeland, they lost a child to it," Rebekah moved over to the bookshelf, "they wanted to escape and protect their future family from the same fate."

"So how did you end up here?" Elena was confused, "This part of the world hadn't even been discovered yet."

Rebekah laughed, "Not by anyone in your history books. But my mother knew the witch Ayana, who heard from the spirits of a mystical land where everyone was healthy. Blessed by the gifts of speed and strength. That lead my family here, where we lived amongst those people."