Part 27

"Let's go out tonight," Damon said as he plopped down on the couch next to Emma.

Emma closed the book she was reading, that Sam Winchester had sent her, and looked over at him, "With everything going on? Ric is locked up in your friggin cellar."

"Exactly, let's cut loose a little for a minute. Especially since I'm going to Denver with Elena tomorrow to find the ghost whisperer," Damon kissed Emma's cheek, "I wanna spend some time with my girl."

"Why isn't Stefan going?" Emma crossed her arms.

"Uh," Damon didn't want to tell Emma about his brother's insecurities about his relationship with Elena, "his whole 'control' thing, he feels like staying around here would be safer for now. Familiarity and all that crap."

"Okay, so where are you taking me?"

"That is for me to know and for you to, dot, dot, dot," Damon smirked before he stood up and vanished out of the room.

Emma pulled out her phone and pulled up Caroline's number, she waited for her to answer.

"Hey," Caroline greeted her.

"Wanna go shopping?" Emma asked.

"Is that even a real question?" Caroline laughed, "Duh, I'll meet you downtown in an hour."

Emma stood up and made her way upstairs to the bedroom, she rifled through a few drawers, pulling out a simple jean and t-shirt set. She pulled on her boots before heading to the bathroom to put on a little mascara. On her way out the door she grabbed her backpack and her motorcycle helmet. The drive downtown was quick once her tires were on stable concrete and she was able to sped up. Emma pulled up to a parking spot in front of a small boutique.

"So what are we shopping for?" Caroline asked excitedly.

"Damon wants to go out on a date tonight, and since we have never really been anywhere but the Grill and I hate dressing up, I have nothing," Emma explained her dilemma.

"Well, then you called the perfect personal stylist," Caroline almost bounced as she walked into the store.

Emma followed behind her as she watched Caroline pull dresses off the rack, occasionally looking back to judge if the color or size she was grabbing was right.

"Do I have to wear a dress?" Emma complained, "What about a nice blouse and jeans."

Caroline turned around looking offended, "First of all, we are not in Florida, dressy casual is a little more strict. Secondly, how many times has Damon actually seen you in a dress."

"Um," Emma thought back to homecoming, where she reluctantly wore one to blend in, "once."

"You are wearing a dress," Caroline insisted before turning around and continuing her way around the store.

Emma started to regret calling Caroline, but she was the only one she knew who would give her an honest opinion and make her look incredible. Caroline led her to a dressing room and hung the dresses around her on the hook, she closed the curtain before going and taking a seat in front of the mirror, waiting for Emma to start her personal runway show.

Without thinking Emma grabbed a black strapless dress that Caroline had picked out, once she had it zipped up she threw the curtain open dramatically.

"Well, this was a quick trip, I pick this one," Emma smiled smugly.

"Nope, next," Caroline crossed her arms, "you are not wearing black."

"But I always wear black, besides if you weren't going to let me pick it, then why add to my choices?"