44. Forty Four

"Jiminie are you sure you packed everything?" Jen ushered as she looked around her son's room to see if she can remember anything before they leave. 

Today was Jimin's move-in day at Alford, but his mom seemed more excited about it than the freshman himself. She wanted to make sure he had everything he needed so that he doesn't miss home too much, but only so many things could fit in his new dorm room. 

Dorms... Jimin never experienced such a setting before and he was eager to know who his floor-mates are. With the scholarship he earned, he didn't have to share the room with anyone, which Jen and his friends insisted was a good thing, because you never know what type of roommate you can get. So the next best thing was befriending his neighbors.

"Yes mom, everything I need is already packed in the truck" Jimin confirmed for the tenth time that morning, "Let's go now, Joon is waiting outside" 

True to their word, the boys decided they would all tag along and help Jimin set everything up, also an opportunity to explore the campus and hang out one last time before classes start again. 

Jen asked Tae's dad for the truck to load her son's belongings, and Namjoon offered to drive it with Jin shotgunning the ride, while Hobi, Tae and himself rode with her.

The thing is, when Taehyung suggested they all come with, he really meant all. He remembers clearly the moment a new text popped up in the chat with Jeon009 as a header.

Jeon009
It's shorty's first day
Of course I'll be there

And maybe Jimin didn't want him to.

It's been two weeks since the party, since he's seen him, and as much as he wished the alcohol erased the memories of that night, they reappeared clear as a photograph whenever he closed his eyes too long. He didn't talk about it to anyone, not to Yoongi, definitely not to Jungkook, hell he didn't even take time to reflect on it himself. 

The main reasons were that none of the boys saw Jungkook that night, and they made that pretty clear when they complained about it in the chat. Unsuspectingly, the college boy didn't make the effort to correct them, and Jimin wondered if that was his idea of indirectly telling Jimin to act like it never happened. 

The thought didn't fail to tug at his heart strings in painful ways, but he couldn't complain too much since he believed he brought it upon himself. He spent the entire ride thinking of how he'll face Jungkook knowing he took advantage of his drunken state. But he kissed me back, Jimin tried reassuring himself, it wasn't enough. Jungkook had made it clear that nothing of the sort could happen between them and he totally disregarded his wishes.

"Alright boys we're here" Jen announced, pulling him out of his stupor.

"Look at this entrance!" Tae exclaimed, scrutinizing every inch of the front gate which read Alford University of Clairmont since 1943.

"What should we do Mrs Park?" They heard Namjoon shout from the truck that was following right behind.

"Oh, I forgot they were tailing" Jen chuckled and pushed her head out her window. "You boys stay here for now, Jiminie needs to pick up his room key" she explained while her son unbuckled his seatbelt.

"I'll be back" he quickly said before hoping down the car and heading towards the fancy administrative building. 

"Do you think we have time to play a quick basketball game" Yoongi wondered out loud.

"I'm in" Tae joined. 

"My outfit is too good to sweat in it" Hoseok shook his head.

"Hobi nobody is gonna fall for you today anyway" Yoongi rolled his eyes.