6. Six

"I'm so glad to hear to hear you had a nice first date baby" Jimin's mom said when he finished briefing her. They were in her bedroom, Jimin had gotten back from his game and she called him over a soon as she heard the door close.

"Yeah, I even suggested a second one.. I mean why not" he said and she nodded "I totally agree, she sounds like she's good company" she replied "Now tell me, how did your game go?" 

Jimin laid his back on the bed, extending his arms upwards to stretch them as he thought about the question. 

"My team lost. The worst part is that we were playing four against two, and we still lost... That Jungkook guy is just a monster on the court" he sighed and she raised an eyebrow. Jimin wasn't the type to sound too affected by a defeat when it came down to sports, he generally admitted when he didn't do his best or when the other team was strong regardless.

"You're thinking about it... Why are you thinking about it" his mom pointed out, aware of the little disappointment he felt.

"I don't know, I feel like I could've done better but at the same time I know it still wouldn't have been enough to beat him. I blame my small size" she shook his head and she smiled.

"He's a few years older Jimin, of course he's gonna be stronger, you just gotta give it time too" she tried to make him feel better and snorted "Doubt that"

"Just how tall is he?"

"He's like.. 6'2" he replied and her jaw dropped slightly "Yeah... I'm 5'7, and almost 18 years old" he said, propping himself on his elbow to look at her.

"Well, you might not grow as tall as him but, you can definitely work on physical strength" she tried and he chuckled, touched with his mother's efforts "He wins in that area too"

"Don't feel down, you play better than a lot kids out there, you just have to not play against him" she shrugged and he nodded "You're right"

"Forget about Jungkook, were the others good?" she asked and he nodded "Yeah, Hobi and Namjoon are decent but I think I like Yoongi's style best"

They continued discussing the matter and Jimin ended up telling her how Tae was sad about not getting picked in Yoongi's team, causing everything else to happen afterwards.

"Alright mom, Imma go to my room. Good night" he said and kissed her forehead before heading out "Turn the lights off please"

---

It was now the first week of October, Jimin had gotten to know more people at school and gone on a couple more dates with Ryujin, but he didn't yet ask her to be his girlfriend. With the boys, he felt almost at home when hanging together at Yoongi's place or sometimes Tae's. He'd seen the College students for two other weekends and definitely got to know them more as they started to open up to him as well. 

Today was a Wednesday, Jimin had gone to work after school and was now arranging new products on the shelves while Tae sat at the counter "Should we go to the beach this weekend?" he heard the younger say. 

"Isn't it too cold to swim?" He said and the other shrugged "The beach in fall is the best" he said and asked "So? What do you say?"

"I'm down if you're all down" He said, putting the last shampoo bottle on the shelf and setting the empty box back in the cart "Awesome I'll tell everyone" He said and typed away in the Snapchat group where Jimin was added after the first basketball game.

TaeTae
Your bois got an idea for the weekend

Suga
We're going to the beach guys