18. Eighteen

Jimin smiled as he knocked on the glass before getting inside the car. He sat on the passenger seat and sighed at the warmth of the heater. He blew on his hands and finally decided to turn and look at the older boy.

"H- " He realized he was still wearing the hood of his jacket. The fur on the edge was blocking his view, so he quickly swatted it away. "Hi" he smiled again, this time bright enough that his eyes turned into thin lines.

The older felt a smile of his own creep on his face at the boy's expression and shook his head. His cheeks were red from the cold and his jacket was almost eating him up.

"You look so small right now" he chuckled, starting to drive out of the street "I can't even be mad at you" he added playfully.

The other raised an eyebrow as he pulled the seatbelt around himself "What is there to be mad about?" he asked and the other turned to look at him since they were at a red light.

"Oh yeah, it's not like you dragged me out of my comfy spot to come pick you up or anything" he replied and Jimin noticed that Jungkook was taking the way back to his house. He hesitated for a moment but he really didn't want to go back home just yet.

"Actually Jeon... I have a favor to ask" he started and the other hummed "Can we go to like... A cafe or your place?" he tried, but unfortunately the taller just shook his head "Not really in the mood to hang sorry".

"..Or anywhere else actually.. I don't wanna go back home" he pleaded, his smile going from polite to uncomfortable. Jungkook noticed the sudden shift in moods, it was so sudden that he had to slow down the car a bit and focus on the other.

"Why what's up?" he asked, taking a random right turn and changing itineraries.

"Fought with my mom" he simply said, turning the volume of the music up. He tried to act as if he was really into the song, as if what happened at home was no big deal.

Jungkook was just driving around the unknown neighbourhood by that time, but he felt some weird vibes from Jimin. It wasn't like always, the boy wasn't messing' around and roasting him at every occasion like he would normally do.

"Is everything cool man?" he asked and Jimin nodded.

"Y-eah" Jimin's voice cracked and he just kept silent, not wanting to pry too much. A few minutes later, the boy's expression started turning into an angry looking one.

"Alright" he said and made a U turn, talking Jimin by surprise. They were driving out of town, until the taller went into a track road and kept driving for a few more minutes before parking at a spot under a tree.

"Where are we?" Jimin asked curiously. They were in the middle of nowhere, the only things surrounding them are small hills and a few trees.

"Get out" the other replied, making him wonder if he pissed him off or something "Are we good? You're still mad at me?" Jimin asked quietly and hoped it wasn't the case because he really didn't need more drama.

"Wear your hood, you'll get sick" Jungkook said when they got out of the car, and walked ahead. Jimin followed, going around one of the hills and through the bushes after it.

"It's here..." Jimin simply said, in awe of what he was seeing. There were standing on a cliff, not a very high one, but a cliff still. There was a little platform with an arched roof, at the very edge of the flat ground they were on. He walked towards it and found a folding chair and bag on it "Is this yours?" Jimin asked.

"Yeah, I keep them here when I come home for a few days, it saves me the work. No one ever wanders here anyway" he replied.

Jimin looked over the fence of the platform, the height wasn't bad it was probably under 10 meters worth, but it was enough to keep the trees from hiding the extensive view of the rest of the forest.