19. Nineteen

"Don't make me regret this... Where do I start" Jimin spoke with a sigh, making Jungkook pause the song and wait.

"I was always closer to my mom than my dad, but I loved both of them equally. I just felt like our personalities matched better" he started "But there were some moments I had with my dad that I couldn't share with anybody else, that I cherished a lot, and one of them was during Christmas" he explained as the other was quietly listening.

"He was a bright man, very kind and understanding. He was also a lot of fun to hang out with, we used to do a lot of sports together and he's the one who taught me basketball. He used to love that song- the Usher one- how did it go again?" he asked himself, taking a moment to remember the melody.

"Caught up, got me feeling it. I don't know what it is, but it seems she got me twisted~" Jimin sung the chorus and the other smiled.

"I'm caught up, I'm losing control, this girl's got a hold on me~" Jungkook continued and the younger gasped.

"This girl was mean, she really turned me out~" Jimin continued, making a quick beat with his hands.

"My homies say~ this girl is crampin' my style, style, I'm so~ caught up" Jungkook belted the notes out and the other screamed.

"Oh my god Jeon! You sing! Amazingly!" he pointed out excitedly, quickly grabbing his phone to start a recording, and the motion had Jungkook goan since he was receiving full flash in his face.

"What are you doing pumpkin" he chuckled, quite uncomfortable with the light hitting his eyes that were accustomed to the dim atmosphere.

"You gotta sing that again! I need to get some footage" he said and the other sighed "No way" he replied and tried to take the phone away.

"Come on Jeon, the video started already just do it... Here I'll go" he made the same beat with his free hand on the floor and the other laughed "Fully invested" Jimin nodded, insisting to give Jungkook the part where he can show off his vocals.

Jungkook gave in for the camera, pouring in more than he did before, singing even more soulfully just to entertain him. He doesn't really sing with people around, except Namjoon or Tae sometimes.

He also generally didn't sing the hyper songs, he was more into ballads and slow beats, he thought they suited his voice more.

"Jeon Jungkook! The baller, the singer, the man!" Jimin hyped, when the performance was over. Switching the camera around and pulling him close as he hooked an arm around his neck. With a bright smile, he ended the video and watched it again, whistling at the quality of the singing.

"It didn't even sound that good kid, you're too excited" Jungkook pointed out smiling, getting himself out of the shorter's grip and straightening his back again.

"Shut up man, you don't understand. You just made my night. I'm sure my dad is very happy up there after hearing his fav song be sung like that" he said and something inside Jungkook moved, he was sad and happy at the same time.

"Don't post it, or everyone will know I'm here this weekend" he instead chose to say, not trusting himself to say the right thing about his father.

"Ugh so I should wait until you finally decide to see your friends who have been missing you the entire time you were here secretly, then post it" jImin replied sarcastically.

"Yeah basically"

"You're lucky you have a good voice"

"You do too by the way, decent skills my dude"

"You're not gonna buy me with that compliment"

"I just did though"

Jimin looked at him for a few seconds and just rolled his eyes yet again.