15.

Jimin doesn't know what to say. The look on Taehyung's face said that something really hurtful must have happened to him before they met and it must've been because of that man. Somehow once again he feels he can feel Taehyung's emotions. Fear. That's what Taehyung is feeling. So much fear. He just wants to hold him tight and tell him that everything's okay, that he'll protect him.

Taehyung sits silent for a while and continues again.

"One night of me being alone....

FLASHBACK

'Maybe if i stare at it longer the portal will open ?' He laughs. What a ridiculous thought. But in reality...he was scared , so scared all alone by himself. He just wishes his sister would come quick.

Suddenly there's a loud thud sound behind him.
'Huh ? What was that...' he prepares himself for any kind of danger. What could it be? An animal ? Is he gonna die ? His mind is bustling with all kinds of questions but he tries his best to stay composed. Then some kind of groaning sounds come from the dark. He decides to go check and walks a little forward.

The night is dark and moonlight isn't helping much. Carefully taking one step at a time he finally looks at, what he thinks is a figure..that's lying on the ground. He takes a look at it properly squinting his grey eyes. It's a Human !

Back at home the elders had warned him that humans could be insanely dangerous so he quickly takes a step back, ready to defend himself. But there's nothing, no sound, nothing. He again takes a look at that man's face. There's something on his head...omg it's blood. Is he injured ? What happened to him ? Taehyung shakes the man's shoulder a bit still cautiously. But there's no response. He thinks the man might be unconscious. He should go away from there and hide himself. But how can he leave an injured person all by themselves that too in the dark? His compassionate heart doesn't allow him that. Surely humans can't be that bad right ? Plus this one's injured so it should be okay....

He takes a step forward and holds the man by his shoulder and carries him towards the stream and lays him down at the bank. He then takes some of the water and slowly pours it on the man's head and arms...wherever he saw blood. It takes quite a amount of water to cover all his injuries but he's finally done. Now, just by morning the man would be all better. He feels accomplished.

All this work made him tired, so he sits on his favourite rock and closed his eyes for a minute. He'll wake up soon. Just a short nap wouldn't hurt right? Soon... he's drifted off to deep slumber.

————

The boy wakes up to the sounds of birds chirping. He rubs his eyes. Did he sleep for too long ?

He slowly opens his eyes and gets startled by the piercing eyes staring right at him. Suddenly he remembers the incidents of last night and steadies himself. It was the man, he had woken up before Taehyung and he's sitting with his legs folded looking right at him with a blank stare.

"You-you're awake ?" Taehyung's voice comes out even more meekly than he expected. "Yeah...i woke up a while ago." The man stated nonchalantly with a hoarse voice. The man tilts his head a little and asks.

"What did you do to me ?"

"What-what do you mean ?" Taehyung asked cautiously. He can't read the man's expression nor can he feel his aura...strange.

"I mean that where did my injuries go ? I'm pretty sure i was beat up badly yesterday. I even remember falling down some cliff and thinking these are my last moments. I must have passed out after that. But I woke up to absolutely zero pain and no blood anywhere on me at all...what did you do ?" The man asked hoarsely.