16.

FLASH BACK CONTD.

He shouldn't have told him anything about him, anything about the stream at all. Taehyung shouldn't have talked to him. He shouldn't have helped him. He should've just hid himself. Away from that man's eyes.

He shouldn't have had gone with the man. Why did he move from his safe place ? Why did he go to the darkness leaving behind the serene light of the moon. Why did he ? He had many questions and as many as regrets. He should've listened to what his elders had told him. Why didn't he ? Why ? Why.

***

He can't feel his hands...or his legs...or his body at all. Where is he ? His throat feels dry. It hurts. Everything hurts. The man was supposed to be his friend, then why did he do this to him ? What did he do to deserve this ? Was wanting a friend that much of a crime ? That he had to be punished like this.

There is something heavy tied to his legs and he can't move. Even a little bit of movement hurts too much. He slowly opens his eyes and finds himself in complete darkness. Then he remembers what had happened yesterday, when he made the worst decision of his life. The man had at first behaved very nicely with him but it was all a facade. Underneath was just a dirty human. He locked Taehyung up in this room. Taehyung doesn't remember much, there must've been something in the coffee that he was offered. He also remembers getting hit by something quiet a few times. Was it a whip ? Or a stick ? He doesn't know. He doesn't have the energy to think much...

The moon seems to have noticed the dreadful condition of one of its children that it shined brightly. Someone might even mistake it for the sun. But no, it was the moon, angry. It's child was in pain, he was writhing in it, unable to move. The moon in it's anger shined so bright in it's full glory that it was enough to lighten up the whole room even through the small window high up on the wall.

He could feel the moonlight on him. It was giving him some strength but he was still very exhausted and...scared. Scared of that man. What if he beats him up again ? He doesn't think he will survive any of those hits  anymore. He-

"Taehyung !?"

Who was that? Whose voice ? It was faint...but it was calling for him. It was such a sweet voice.

"Taehyung? Taehyung?"

There it was again. Oh ? Jimin. That was Jimin's voice. He's calling for him. He wants to hear it again.He should wake up. He should...

END OF FLASHBACK.

Taehyung blinked his eyes open. What happened? He-

He sees jimin right above his face. Is he lying on Jimin's lap ? Yeah that must be it. It's so nice. His lap is so soft . Taehyung feels like he can lie there all day long.

"Taehyung!? You're awake." Jimin said softly.

"Huh ? Did-Did I fall asleep?" He asked curiosly.

"Yeah..you were telling me about that man and then you suddenly fell silent. So I checked and saw that you fell asleep."
Suddenly Jimin became aware of how close their faces were. "Oh um- um sorry if it's uncomfortable. I couldn't just let you sleep on that hard rock so I lied you down like this. I-I hope you don't mind..." he blurted everything out. Taehyung thought Jimin was cute but a flustered Jimin was cuter.

Taehyung giggled. "It's okay...this is nice. I feel comfortable."

Jimin smiled at Taehyung's words. He wants to ask him something. After thinking for a moment he decides to just go for it.
"By the way...I noticed you were crying a little and you looked like you were scared....was it a bad dream ?" His eyebrows were knitted together. Was Jimin worried? Taehyung thought.

"Just...Just bad memories. That man...He locked me up in a room and- and beat me. I was having a nightmare about that day."
On hearing Taehyung's words Jimin instantly bent forward and hugged the boy lying on his lap.
"I'm so sorry that happened to you....you must've been so scared. You didn't deserve this." On hearing those words Taehyung couldn't control his tears anymore and he broke into a sob. Is this how it feels to be cared for ?

"I was..I was scared Jimin really scared.." he said somehow while still crying.

"Shh..It's okay don't cry. You're safe now. With me you're safe." Jimin was also sniffing.

"But-but you're crying." Taehyung laughed within his tears.

"I'm not crying you idiot you are.." Jimin also laughed.

Then they both started laughing.

***

"How did you escape ?" He asked Taehyung still hugging the boy.

"Somehow in the moonlight my powers started to work again...so i was able to escape. I ran really fast and came back to this stream and hid myself and the stream. I-I stayed hidden for a while...and then the day I finally decided to come out of the hiding I met you." He smiled.

"Did you not feel scared of me ?"

"No...I was able to sense your aura. I could tell you were a pure person."
Jimin blushed a little at that. Taehyung went through so much but he's so brave.

"Thank you for trusting me." Jimin said without expecting any answer from the latter.

Like this they stayed in that position hugging each other for a while. Then Jimin slowly sat up. Taehyung was right under him. They locked eyes. Jimin looked at the million galaxies that were Taehyung's eyes. So beautiful he thought. He was the most ethereal person he ever met. How can one be so pretty ? So pure ? He could look at Taehyung's eyes forever. He wanted to say so many things. So many words were lingering on his tongue but he said none. He didn't need to. Their eyes were enough to convey all the words that were unsaid. Words of praise, admiration, affection.

"You'll not leave me right ?" Taehyung asked with a hint of doubt in his eyes.

"Never." Jimin said in an instant. "I'll never leave you. But for that you have to be my friend...will you ? Will you be my friend?"

Taehyung smiled in response. "Yes. I'll be your friend." He said and extended his pinky finger.
Jimin took Taehyung's pinky in his own and intertwined them. He smiled brightly and shook their pinkies together.

"Friend."

__________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: DOUBLE UPDATE !!!
Thank you so much for reading 🥺💜💜💜
My exams are still on going so the next updates might take a while but i'll try to update as soon as possible!
Once again I hope you enjoyed this chapter 💫 Stay hydrated love you all<333