Part 5 - A Coincidence

Abhimanyu reached the Singh Hospital and looked at the entrance for a few minutes before going inside.

As soon as step inside, he heard Akshara's voice and he felt instant peace.

"Tere Milan Ko Vyakul Hai
Kab Se Mere Praan,
Madhur Suna Do Taan
Oo Kanhaa,
Ab Toh Murli Ki
Madhur Suna Do Taan,
Mere Kanha,
Madhur Suna Do Taan."

It felt like she was singing for him. He knows it's not that but his heart skipped a beat hearing her voice. The flashback of the first time hearing her voice came into his mind. How he ran to meet the person behind the voice. How she was calm in his chaos when he had a fight with his dad and he was not able to calm down. She has calmed him down every time knowingly or unknowingly.

He wanted to go meet her one time. He somehow controlled the urge to meet her by telling himself that surgery is more important right now.

"Where is Dr Sethi?" Abhimanyu asked the receptionist.

"He is in OT. He told me to send you there when you come." The receptionist called a nurse to take Abhimanyu there.

"Thank You!" Abhimanyu said and the lady gave a polite smile.

Abhimanyu was called by Dr Sethi for guidance in surgery.

Akshara felt Abhimanyu's presence and she even came out of her cabin to look for him. Her eyes searched him for a few minutes but didn't find him there. She was about to go inside her cabin after scolding herself for thinking about him when she heard two junior music therapists talking about him.

"Dr Abhimanyu looks so handsome." The lady gushed dreamily.

"He is so hot but bad luck he is already engaged." The other girl said sadly.

Akshara raised her eyebrow.

First of all, they are talking about her Abhi.

"Hu-uh, Your Abhi? Are you sure, honey? Because last time I remember you left him." Her inner self mocked.

Whatever.

"How do you know?" The lady asked curiously.

"Didn't you see the engagement ring shining on his ring finger?" The lady asked.

He is engaged? To whom? Did he get engaged with someone after she went?

"I don't know what Abhimanyu sees in an average girl like you." Aarohi's words rang in her ear, making her heart clench in her chest.

"What are you two doing here? Gossiping?" Akshara scolded, glaring at them angrily.

The two gulped looking at each other and then at Akshara.

Akshara was very serious about work and she doesn't like gossiping in the middle of work and that's what they were doing. But the poor girls didn't know that Akshara was not angry at that thing today. She was angry because they were talking about her Abhi like that.

Yes, Abhimanyu is made for Akshara. Her inner self mocked her for saying that but Akshara paid no heed to it.

"Get back to work before I complain or do something else." Akshara scolded and went to her cabin after scoffing at them.

How dare they talk about her Abhi?

Was it okay for her to get jealous over it now? What if he's engaged? What if it's Aarohi?

"Seriously, do you really think Abhimanyu would marry someone who is not you? And that to Aarohi? You gotta be joking." Her inner self said coolly.

Akshara felt a little better after thinking that but facepalmed herself.

"I thought if I will see Abhi, I would hide my feelings from him and here I'm getting jealous over things like this," Akshara muttered to herself.

"Akshu focus," Akshara muttered.

"On Abhi? Right you should." Her inner self teased.

Akshara was going to check on patients and she bumped into someone in her way. She looked at the person in shock.

"H..Hey Akshara." Dr Rehan said nervously.

Akshara huffed loudly. Not Again!

"Hi, Dr Rehan. I have to go." Akshara uttered hurriedly and went away.

She understands what he felt about her and she has told him the first time she got to know about it but the audacity he proposed to her. Freaking Proposed?!
Thank God Sam told her!

Abhimanyu looked at the two from afar and felt jealous seeing the person standing so close to her. He clenched his fist tightly when he saw him grabbing Akshara's hand. He saw Akshara struggling in his hold.

"Leave me, Rehan," Akshara yelled at him.

"Akshara why did you reject me?" He asked a little angrily.

"Oh, did your man ego got hurt? So, listen, I am in love with someone else already." Akshara yanked her hand away from him.

"And next time if you grabbed my hand like this, I swear I will slap you," Akshara warned him. The man looked at her in shock.

Abhimanyu was talking to the doctor so he didn't notice that. After talking to him when he looked back for Akshara he didn't find her there and frowned.

Akshara ran outside of the hospital to the nearby garden. She made a brave face there but she was shitless scared when he grabbed her hand. She almost panicked but she calmed herself down and finally she was able to do that without being scared.

Abhimanyu searched for Akshara everywhere and he felt sad not finding her there. He was having a weird feeling in his heart and he wanted to look at Akshara even if it is from afar.

Abhimanyu heard a girl saying that Akshara went outside and rushed to look for her. He tried to find her but it was in vain. He almost lost hope but he heard a sobbing sound and his heart broke hearing that.

Akshara didn't even know why she was crying now. She should be proud of how bravely she handled him like her Mumma would have done, like a Sherni.

Akshara wiped her tears and smiled brightly and her smile was not at all fake as she always used to do. Her Mumma was one of the people who always put a smile on her face.

Akshara felt someone's presence or she should say Abhimanyu's presence and she looked up at him in shock who was looking at her worriedly.

She stood up in shock. Abhimanyu took a step closer to her and she took a step back. At last, she was between the tree and Abhimanyu who was looking at her in confusion.

_________________________

Sorry for the short and late chapter.

Hope you like it.

Vote, Comment, guys!