Cursed Box

Gabriels's p.o.v

"A Cursed Box? How come there is nothing of that in the book?" I question Nooroo confused as both me and Natalie flip through the pages furiously.

"Because that is the difference between the Miracle Box and the Cursed Box. The Miracle Box, well they just came into existence, like they were meant to be here, to help people. The story behind the Cursed Box is not so pretty." Nooroo says lowly as he looks at me crestfallen.

"What is the story of the Cursed Box?" I ask a bit hushed not sure how the story will go.

"The Cursed Box, is a box full of miraculous that were made. Something that is not easy to do. They came into existence because of the original Ladybug that was thrown out of town because of the town's love for the temporary. She concluded that the miraculous is what made the temporary so loved to begin with, so to counter it she made her own, but at the expense of others. Kwammi's are creatures are ones that come with a miraculous that they are assigned to since that is how they appeared in the first place. Well that is not how it worked with the Cursed Box. You see, that Ladybug still had to find people who were alive who had a strong connection to a piece of jewelry that you are now wearing. Once she found enough participants she also created her own book to were she was able to turn those people into kwammis with their jewelry being the miraculous they were bound to. However, the catch was they were once human. They still had human desires and sins. The main one being greed. They cared not for the being of others or their own holders. She soon realized her mistake when she wore the fist miraculous from the Cursed Box. When she tried to go back to normal the kwammi would not let her since they still had the energy of a normal human and more. She became their puppet, one that could not stop the will of the kwammi that she made. The cycle never ended. Once the first kwammi was done, another one forced their miraculous on her so they could get away with stuff that they never could in their human life. Not to mention, that once they found out there were more humans in the town they began ransacking houses for suitable holders to do their bidding." Nooroo says lowly as me and Natalie grew pale at this revelation.

"And you are from this box? Duusu as well?" Natalie asks her voice shaking clear that she was worried and scared, not that I could really blame her.

"Yes, we are both from that box. The difference in us was we still had a bit of humanity before we were even transformed into kwammis. We saw what was happening to that Ladybug, that her life was draining and that those kwammis were not caring at all. Both me and Duusu feared our companions of what they could do if they were set free. So, one night while one of the kwammis was having fun with our holder, we went to our book and found a way to bound them to the box. Once the spell was cast all of them were immediately trapped, except for Duusu and I. However, we performed the spell too late since many holders did not survive. We buried the box long ago, in hopes that they would trouble no one any longer, however with their last words before we fled they shouted some unsettling words which worry me to this day." Nooroo says warily as his figure starts to shiver.

"What was said?" I ask cautiously as I flip to his page in the book.

"Try to bury the past all you like, but just as she who created us fell to our ways, soon another like her will rise and the curses will reign over night and day!" Nooroo imitates what they said to him making him sound oddly scary for such a reserved kwammi. 

"But there is no possible way that prophecy can come to life. True while there may be another temporary Ladybug, well more life permanent, you said you have buried the Cursed Box. There is no possible way to find it." I say trying to ease my nerves but Nooroo could only shake his head.

"People also thought that it would never be possible to find Egyptian tombs at one point, or travel the depths of the ocean to possibly find fossils or the remains of forgotten ships and submarines. Archeologists are always persisting with their discoveries in stuff that is ancient." Nooroo says as Natalie nods her head slowly as the sweat on her head becomes more prominent.