Do You Still Love Her? Pt.4

Minghao reaches me and stands in front of me out of breath.

"I'm sorry." Minghao breaths out as he looks me in the eyes "I'm sorry for not letting you talk to Ari, and when I gave you attitude when you asked to talk to her and hanging up on you."

I shake my head "This just made me realize that you still love her."

"I don't, I swear. I love you." Minghao waves his hands in front of me

"You don't have to lie Minghao. I just saw Ari wrapped up in your arms." I say as my eyes water more, threatening to spill out of my eyes.

He stays quiet.

"You two can be together-"

"Wait what about us?" Minghao cuts me off

I stay quiet before answering "We're over." I say as a tear slips

"You can't be serious." Minghao voice cracks

"These 4 years of us being together were great. You were my first love so I will always love just like I have for the past 15 plus years. Gosh I remember the day I laid eyes on you." I laugh at the memory of me falling from the monkey bars in elementary and Minghao coming out of nowhere coming to help me up while Ari stands on the other side of the monkey bars, waiting for my arrival.

Minghao cries once he too remembers the memory.

"But that too was the same day Ari laid eyes on you. I remember her telling me she fell in love with you the moment she laid eyes on you. And since she said that I knew I couldn't compete with her because she was my best friend. Of course I told her I fell in love with you at that very moment too but I had to let her have you since she confessed first."

"Have me? That wasn't your choice to make though." Minghao cries out

"You're right but in the end you found your way back to her so does it really matter?" I say as I wipe my tears 

Minghao continues crying "I loved you first, I loved you way before I loved Ari. I loved you before you even fell in love with me. I fell in love with you on the first day of school while you fell in love with me towards the end of the school year."

My heart clinches once I hear those words. Minghao never told me that so it shocked me but most of all it pained me.
Pained me because we could have been together way before we started dating in high school.
Way before he even got together with Ari in middle school.

So this means we could have been together if only we confessed to each other before Ari had. Then that would have prevented Minghao from falling in love with Ari. Then that also means we could still be together with no problem.

But since the universe doesn't like me it decided to grant my best friend to love the only boy I ever loved.

"I vividly remember you saying goodbye to your parents on the first day of school. You wore a black dress with a baby blue shirt under it. And your hair was tied back." Minghao says

I remember the memory of seeing a boy watching me as I said goodbye to my parents on the first day of school.

"That was you, the boy on the bike who had on black pants and a white shirt." I say to which Minghao just nods.

I shake my head and wipe my tears.

"But now you love Ari, even if you love me you love her. If you loved me enough then you wouldn't have fell for Ari in the first place."

"But-"

"I'm sorry Minghao but I just think we should end our relationship here. If we continue our relationship all I'll think about is you still being in love with Ari."

Minghao cleans his tears as he nods in understandment.

I breath out "Good bye Xu Minghao."

"Good bye L/n Valery."

With that I turn back around and continue my walk to my house.

"Maybe in another universe we can be together." I say up at the starry sky and I walk down the endless street

"Maybe in another universe we can be together." Minghao says as he looks up at the same starry sky

————
Do You Still Love Her?- END