Chapter 22

Chapter Twenty-Two: Moving

Word count: 2953

A/N: I'm back to writing again :) I hope you're all doing well; please enjoy.

Y/N POV

Back at HQ, we were informed that Riener, Berthold, and Ymir were looking for Eren and me because of our titan abilities, so our squad was moved to a secure cottage in the middle of nowhere. The first task was cleaning.

"Eren, that was your room, not mine!"

"But Y/nnnnn, my back hurts!"

"Doesn't change that it's your room to clean?"

"But-"

"Why don't both of you clean it?"

Of course, that's the only way Levi would help in this argument; until Hange walked in.

"Y/n, I need to talk to you and Levi."

On the way to a different room, I couldn't help but think about the circumstances that we were in. Everyone is trying to ignore that we had two scouts kidnapped by titans, but then they were saved with manipulation? Oh, also, I should mention Eren was able to control the other titans in that field? And Commander Erwin lost an arm? What?

"So, bad news. Before you say anything, the bad news is the military pigs have arrested Commander Erwin..."

"What?"

After Hange explains how he was captured, there is a small meeting between the three of us, Levi thinks someone in the government is trying to destroy the Survey Corps, and Hange talks about the torture she, Armin, and Levi have all been doing on Pastor Nick.

"Why am I just now hearing about this? And where was my invite-"

"Not important."

.

.

.

After the short meeting, Levi and I walked back to the kitchen to talk with our squad.

"So, how does it feel to have me as your partner?"

"Annoying."

"What!? You're telling me,"

I inch my face closer to his as our walk slows

"You're not doing backflips n' shit out of excitement?!"

"Shut up."

My laugh fills the air as he shoves my face away. Even when he tried to hide it, I could still see the corner of his mouth turn up slightly at my words.

The second we walk into the room, everyone turns their head towards us, and Sasha moves something behind her back.

"Uh... right, so I have something to tell everyone!"

"You're dying?"

"You're finishing the cleaning!?"

"You're not a titan?"

"You suck. All of you. But actually, I'm you're new captain with Levi! Well actually, I have been for a bit but we just got the okay to tell everyone."

It was almost as if the room flooded with brightness; everyone broke out with a huge smile and immediately came to hug me. On the other side of the table, Levi was leaning against the wall, smirking like an asshole. My left hand wrapped around Mikasa curled, leaving my middle finger up, directing to him.