Chapter: 3

A/N: Hope everyone had/will have a lovely day!

Chapter three: encounters

Word count: 1765

Levi's POV ;)
-----------------------

The stinging feeling of a pair of eyes pouring into me grew harsh, so naturally, my eyes directed me to see a figure sitting at the edge of the tallest building in the underground. The 'person' was covered, their legs hanging off the building, slowly swinging back and forth.

My dark boots echoed on the pavement of the building. Still, as soon as I began walking towards the end of the building, getting ready to go after them, the figure stood up and put a finger gun to their head, extended their arm, and let it fall slack to their hip. Almost like a salute?

The person walked forward with one foot off the roof and just marched off the top.

What the hell?

Deciding the fastest way to follow the individual is using my ODM gear; the hooks latch into random buildings, pivoting me towards the figure. It grows hushed again with just me and this lucky person in an open alley. It was very bright and airy, surprisingly.

Almost like they wanted to get caught.

I'm back onto solid ground with a thud, carrying myself towards them. The person is wearing a tight, above-the-knee, f/c dress. Hugging her curves, she starts to unzip the dress.

Although she is an assassin, my gaze strays elsewhere, waiting for her to change completely. Black pants with a f/c t-shirt in addition to ODM gear. Her cover envelopes her figure, and the bag disappears with it.

Her head snaps around, her gaze sharp as my own blade, stabbing me in the eyes. "Enjoying the show?" a giggle quickly following her sweet voice. It felt as if the air thickened within a second as we closed the distance.

I throw a punch toward her jaw. She moves before I can land it, now somehow behind me, the tip of her boot digs into the back of my knee, and, to my luck, it buckles for a second before I can maintain my balance again.

She's fast.

We're eye to eye again in a quick turn, but my weight brings me forward to duck as her leg rushes over my head. Harshing gripping her ankle, I twist my body, forcing hers to follow. She hits the ground hard before rolling away onto her feet. At this point, whoever I'm fighting, moves too fast for me to comprehend; her legs are on my shoulders, and we fall together. Still in shock, her legs are on my chest in addition to pulling my arm.

Trying to land a punch, my fist meets her calf, and a breath of air quickly gets sucked in between her teeth. Immediately freeing me, we simultaneously jump into our original fighting stances. Ragged breaths fill the air, my eyes never leaving hers. The light barely touched her eyes from this angle, making them lighter in some spots.

FOCUS

The bottom part of her face was concealed as she had a cloth wrapping around her nose and everything below it.

The paperwork for this is gonna be annoying.

Breaking our stare-off, she lunges and punches towards my side, but I dodge it and feel a hand on my chest. A rough force pushed my body to the ground, and I was ready for impact, but it never came?

I still hit something, but my head was covered by a hand that retracted fast. Almost as if the hand protected me on accident?

Great, now I'm on the dirty ass ground. Directly after, a shadow flips over me, one hand on my chest.