12. New beginings.

I woke up the next morning with a feeling of guilt deep within me, it was eating me alive but I knew that other things to focus on so I got up and made some breakfast before heading to the airport. When I was boarding the plane I had a tear rolling down my cheek. I knew this would be my last time in Manchester for a while. When I got on the plane I had planned on sleeping but my nerves kept me awake so I decided now was the best time as any to announce my departure from city.

@leahmurphy

Teammates, friends, but most importantly family, that's what this team is to me

Teammates, friends, but most importantly family, that's what this team is to me. I'm so unbelievably grateful for my time at city and for what everyone there has done for me over the last few years. I've had many highs and many lows but these girls have stuck by me through everything. From the receptionist greeting me with a cheerful hello every morning, to staying on the pitch until darkness to make sure I was good enough, from popping champagne bottles after a win, to crying in my captains arms after a loss, I will cherish every single moment of it. In life you will realise there is a role for everyone. Some will test you, some will use you, some will love you and some will teach you. I've been lucky enough to experience all these roles at city. And I've been even luckier to call this beautiful city my home for the last few years but I now think it's my time to move forward. I want to thank everyone, friends, family, fans and teammates for everything because I wouldn't be in this position without you all.
AND REMEMBER;
People who never choose to fully step into their lives never have anything at all.
The sun rises for everyone.
I will be back, if not as a player then as a fan.💙💙

@stephhoughton💙💙Always your home Lee
@alwxgreenwood 💙Miss you already R kid
@kevindebruyne 💙👑 city legend
+ 3,599 comments

My phone was blowing up so I decided to just turn it off and get some sleep for the rest of the journey, because I'm sure I'll be getting a few phone call soon when people realise I'm gone.

Keira's pov
Steph dropped me home last night and I basically fell in the door and went straight to bed. I woke up this morning with a really bad head ache I look at my phone and see that it's 2pm, his what time did I get home. I see that I'm on a few peoples instagram stories and that a few people have posted but I decide to ignore it and get up and get some painkillers and some breakfast. I walk into the kitchen and go to the medicine before swallowing 2 paracetamol before I turn around and something catches my eye, it's a white envelope on the floor just inside the door, was that there last night?, I try to think but can't remember so I walk over and pick it up and see "Kei xx" written on it. I walk over to the sofa and sit down before opening it and it's a handwritten letter.

Kei,
To be honest I'm not really sure how to even start this let alone what to even say. I know we haven't really been together that long and all of this happened quiet fast, we met each other's families, I asked you to be my girlfriend, and then things became a bit more difficult. I'm really sorry kei, but I was really struggling, I was in a bad place before we even got together, and I shouldn't have dragged you down with me, I've done my best to try and think of a way to describe it to you so here it goes:
I'm depress kei, depression is when you don't really care about anything, but I also have anxiety and this is when you care too much about everything, so having them both can only be described as hell, but to make matters worse I also loved you, I had feeling for you that I've never felt before and I knew that I needed you, I hung on every word you said and every time we touched, but what I didn't want was for this to end the way it did, I didn't want to have to tell you how I felt because I knew I would feel weak and like I was a burden and that is exactly how I feel.