16. Birthday Party

The next few days at camp went by really fast, it was now Friday (match day vs Latvia) and I was getting ready to head to the team bus. I leave my room and lock my door before I head to reception to meet the team. When I get there Kara sees me and runs to me to I pick her up and kiss her cheek.
"How's my girl"
"Good" she says smiling
"Wheres your mum" I ask her and she turns to point at Keira who is talking to Demi and Steph so we walk over with her comfortably sitting on my hip.
"Morning" I say as I reach the girls
"Hi Lee" Steph says
"Hi" Keira says as she turns to smile at me
"Hi" I smile back
"What time are we leaving" I ask Steph
"Any minute now we're just waiting for everyone to come down"
"Mummy" Kara says as she reaches her hands towards Keira so I hand her over and she buried her head in Keira's neck and then I hear Keira say
"I don't know Kara you'll have to ask her"
"You ask her mummy" she says shyly
Steph and Demi are now consumed in their own conversation so they don't hear Keira when she says my name "Leah" I turn and look at her
"Yeah"
"Kara's wonders who your sitting next to on the bus"
"I don't now yet" I say and Keira looks down at Kara and we see her smiling.
"Do you want to sit with me kar" i ask smiling and she nods. "And mummy" she says as she kisses Keira's cheek.
"I mean I don't think your going to give me an option are you" Keira says to Kara and we all laugh.
Before we know it we're on the bus on the way to the stadium and Kara is asleep on my lap and Keira is beside me on her phone. When we get to the stadium we walk to the changing room and do our pre match ritual before walking out for warm ups, and then we get ready and head to the tunnel. I'm at the very end of the line with Keira in front of me, just how it was at city.
Kick off 0-0
5' Lauren Hemp
10' Ellen White
18' Beth Mead
25, Lauren Hemp
29' Beth Mead
Half time 5-0
47' Lauren Hemp
52' Alessia Russo
57' Alessia Russo
66' Beth Mead
81' Alessia Russo
Full time England 10-0 Latvia
We walk around the stadium and clap the fans before getting ready to head back to SGP and in my case back to the airport. When we're in the bus me, Kara and Keira all fall asleep, Kara is cuddled into my chest and Keira has her head on my shoulder. When the bus stops we hear everyone move and we wake up and head back into SGP. I know that I don't have long until the car comes to take me to the airport so I decided to quickly pack before I head to Keira's room. When she answers she looks really stressed before letting me in.
"What's the matter" I ask concerned
"Nothing I'm just stressed"
"Why"
"Because I was trying to pack everything before the morning and then Kara had a meltdown and now we can't find fluffy so she won't go to sleep" she says on the verge of tears. "It's ok" I say as I bring her in to a hug and kiss the top of her head while I rub circles on her back to try and calm her down. Then I remember. "Oh shit, fluffy is in my bag because Kara gave her to me in the dressing room so I put her in there so we wouldn't loose her"
"Oh thank god" she says in a sigh of relief and just then Kara starts crying so I walk over and pick her up and she buried her head in my neck, I rub circles in her back and say "shall we go for a walk and leave mummy pack the bags" and she nods and Keira says "thank you" I bring her into a side hug and kiss the top of her head before me and Kara leave to go to my room and get fluffy. I sit her on my bed before pulling fluffy out of my bag and her eyes light up.
"Thank Leah, I lub you"
"I love you too" I say as I kiss her forehead and pick her up again. She cuddles into my shoulder and falls asleep, I decide to go for a walk because Kara was asleep now and I wanted to give Keira some time on her own so she could sort herself out. I walk around a few different hallways for a while until I hear someone call my name and turn around to see Demi
"What are you doing" she asks
"Keira was a bit stressed so I took Kara for a while so she could pack and just have some time to herself"
"We'll aren't you very good" she says sarcastically
I just laugh. "What time are you leaving"
"In about 20 minutes" I say kind of sadly
"I suppose I better get back and get her to bed" I say looking down at Kara.
"Yeah, we'll I'll see you in a few weeks yeah" Demi says as she gives me a side hug
"Yeah definitely" I say smiling before we walk separate ways. I head back to Keira's room and nock on the door. When she opens it she looks a little less stressed. "You ok" I ask quietly trying not to wake Kara. "Yeah I am now" she says smiling at me
I walk over to kara's cot and place her in it gently before kissing her head and walking back over to Keira. "Thank you" she says as she walks towards me and wraps her hands around my stomach and buries her head in my chest. I just kiss the top of her head before saying. "I have to go now kei"
"I know" she says sadly and still hasn't let go
"Do you promise that we'll talk every day" she asks
"I promise kei, we'll FaceTime or text or ring or whatever but we will talk every day"
"And you'll be home for her party" she ask almost as a question
"Yeah I'll be home fore that and any other weekends or days that we have off I'll do my best to come home then as well"
"I'm going to miss you"
"I'll miss you more"
"Thanks for an amazing week" she says as she pulls away and looks me in my eyes
" I love you Keira Walsh"
" I love you Leah Murphy"
I lean in and close the gap between us until our lips meet. It's just as amazing as the first time but I pull away when I hear my phone ring.
"It's my driver, he's outside" I say as I look at her sadly. "Ok, I'll see you soon, I love you" I say as I hug her and then walk towards the door.
"See you later, text when you land safe"
"I will" I say as I leave and run to my room the grab my bags before heading to the car.