【 Beckoning Moon 】

❝ I can't promise that

I can't promise that.

────────────────────

ㅤ“Happy birthday Kazutora.” (Y/n) gently smile and hand him over the tiger doll that she has gotten from a toy store nearby. It was the first time ever she spent her money on something other than the same old food she eats every day.

ㅤKazutora grinned back at her. He was surprised that she even remembered his birthday when they only had just been friends. He gladly accepts the doll even though he thought it was ugly by his standard, but since it's from her out of all people he will cherish it for the rest of his life. Though he set it aside for now in order to give her a big hug.

ㅤIf he could see her expression now, he surely would laugh at how dumbfounded the action made her. In both of her lives, she had never been this close to another person ever so she has no clue about how to act. She slowly hugs back slightly scared of even touching him like he is made of glass.

ㅤWhile she was in distress, Kazutora had never been happier in his life. Oh to be this close to someone that he is fond of feels like he could take on the whole world, a feeling he had never felt before and he didn't to let go of it. The warmth of another human was no longer foreign to the boy as he holds the girl dearly in his arms.

ㅤHe hold in his laugh when feeling her fumbling around with her arms from being at a lost of what to do. “Pfft... Do you ever get a hug before?” She averted her eyes. “No...”

His heart flutter upon learning that he was her first experience with something like this. Noticing how red his ears were getting (Y/n) question him with concern. “Are you sick? Should we stop?” When she releases her grip on him, he immediately pulls her in closer.

ㅤ “No... Let me stay like this for a while. It's my birthday.” She complies with his demand and awkwardly returns his affection.

ㅤAfter feeling satisfied, he finally let her go much to her relief. “You suck at hugging you know that?” Kazutora teases the girl. She was practically as stiff as a rock and he definitely noticed it. He wanted to her relax before letting go, but she didn't at all only when he let go he can see her relaxing her shoulders.

ㅤThe girl puffs her cheeks very slightly he wouldn't even notice it if he wasn't staring at her face all the time. He chuckles at her showing her childishness for the first time they've known each other. Sometimes he had wondered if she really is a kid, seeing this make her quite endearing when she was so stoic all the time.

ㅤHe wraps his arm over her shoulder. “You'll get better at it! I'll be your practice alright?” The girl reluctantly agrees much to his delight, he totally didn't suggest that so he has an excuse to randomly hug her now.

ㅤThey, of course, didn't forget about their letter exchange going on. He let out a sigh from learning that she has made even more friends. He knew she would be popular just from her appearance, but seriously how would hog her for himself if people keep getting in the way?