【 Acanthus Mollis 】

❝ We're reunited

We're reunited.

────────────────────

ㅤUpon hearing a soft round of knock on her door, the girl let out a small yawn, waking up from her light slumber. She glance at the clock hanging on wall to show her the time. It was already midday, who on Earth who visit her at this ungodly hour instead of enjoying their lunch?

ㅤ“Come in.” She said without paying much attention to the door. She figures it likely one of the doctor checking up on her condition again.

ㅤ“So, we're reunited.”

ㅤ(Y/n) snap her head towards the owner of the voice to find a completely unknown stranger who looks to br older than her age judging by his appearance. Though, there was a sense of familiarity she felt towards this boy.

ㅤThey weren't many with orchid colored eyes after all, but what gave this person identity away immediately was the loose scratched up bracelet she remembers staying all night to make a perfect one for the Sano.

ㅤ“Izana-san...? Is that right?” It took a lot of her brain power to dig up what the boy's name could potentially be. His smile widen by a tiny amount, giving her the hint that he was satisfied by her answer.

ㅤMany years has passed since their fated encounter. While some others may not notice, most of her demeanor has begun to change in a positive light or perhaps it was a begining of her eventual weakness. He still remember vividly of her cold eyes staring through him, now it seems to be more akin towards the warmth of a sun shining upon the moon.

ㅤ“No need for formality. We are friends, are we not?” His soothing voice give her shivers rather than anything else. Is this an appropriate action for someone who he haven't met in so long?

ㅤ(Y/n) softly grip her blanket to calm her nerves. “I suppose, Izana. Is that okay?”

ㅤHe hums in satisfaction. Lightly petting her head in response much to her dismay, gently she shove his hand away. Luckily, Izana took no offense to it.

ㅤIzana didn't miss her occasional glance towards his worn out bracelet. Subconsciously, he walks closer to her bed as to put it out of her range of vision.

ㅤ“Why are you here now?” Admittedly, she does sound rude when she said it, but she by means meant no harm nor hostility towards him. It only strike her as odd when they haven't since they were children, and how does he knows where she currently reside in?

ㅤ“Should there be a special reason to?” He answers her question with a question of his own. Giving no clear response towards her curiosity.

ㅤ“But... Today is...” The twenty second of February, she learns that today was special towards people who knew about Shinichiro from Manjiro. It's the day when the Black Dragons was found. While she wasn't sure if Izana has any connections with delinquency, she kind of assume he might judging by his clothing as well as her memories when they first met each other. Izana clearly hold Shinichiro in high regards like most people who knew of him did.