【 Sleeping Hermitage 】

❝ Please don't get injured for me

Please don't get injured for me.

────────────────────

ㅤ(Y/n) stares out of the window with hollow eyes. She has not a feign of a clue of what comes next after she has finally fainted. Her pounding head is no more, only peace now exists within her.

ㅤYet, her head couldn't let the flashing scene of the gun aiming towards her go. She knew she wouldn't get shot from such a distance, that wasn't the problem. She wonder, what would've happened if she was still the same person years ago. A person without a goal or any interest, let alone any meaningful relationship.

ㅤThe answer is obvious. She would've let herself die right there. Her death would've satisfied the victim's vengeance and brings her friends closer together. In the end, she couldn't afford to die now. No, not when Takemichi tale of their future. She won't die until she makes sure everyone die of a natural death and not some sort of unfortunate events.

ㅤAmbitious goal, but one that she is obligated to have if she doesn't want to go back feeling all devoted of emotion again.

ㅤManjiro and Kazutora barges into the room almost startling her from how loud they opened the door. This situation sort of déjà vu, kind of like the first time she was sent to a hospital. Only this time however they were already waiting for the moment that the nurse gave them approval to come inside.

ㅤManjiro crouch down to one knee to be at her level of eyesight. “(N/n), are you feeling okay now?”

ㅤ“I'm fine now, but...” (Y/n) looks behind him to meet eyes with Kazutora. “S-Sorry about your face...” Usually she would've shot the weapon to scare the person to drop their weapon, but again, gun isn't really easy to obtain in this world, legally that is.

ㅤWhen her (color) eyes clashes with his, shiver ran down his spines as the flashing scene of her holding a gun pointing right at him is still vivid in his mind. Kazutora force himself to swallows the unnerving sensation down.

ㅤ“Oh this?” Kazutora points at his patched up injury that he gotten form her throwing someone's shoe at him. “Nah, it's fine. Doesn't hurt one bit now.” He lied. Of course, a throw from that far away would still sting to this day.

ㅤ“I'm also sorry for burdening you too...” Manjiro shakes his head at her apology towards him. “What are you talking about (N/n)? You saved us from those guys back there.”

ㅤHe could've take them all down by himself, but on the motorcycle is an entirely different story. He might've thrown some of them off by throwing some obstacle at them, they would eventually catch up and likely would've crash into him. He probably couldn't do a thing in such a rural area if that were to happen.

ㅤ“But-” She open her lips to protest, which inevitably end up resulting in nothing.

ㅤ“No but or I'll get angry.” Manjiro shut her up with his childish threat. He clearly didn't understand how much that meant to her, the person who live almost thirty years without a single friend.