【 Lost Iolite 】

❝ I will save everyone! ❞

I will save everyone!

────────────────────

ㅤ"(Y/n). Dear, I don't want to sound forceful, but do you have any girl friends you could bring over?" Her mother looks at yet another boy who has made their way into their humble home and not a single female friend of her child step into the house yet.

ㅤ"I can bring my sister next time." Manjiro's suggestion brought much delight to her mother that her daughter actually bond with a girl rather than bringing boys home all the time. (Y/n) can already tell her mother is charmed by her friend. "Awwwe! That would be lovely sweetie! You two are always welcome here!"

ㅤ(Y/n) avert her gaze to the window trying her best to ignore her mother's embarrassing coddling over her friends. Somehow Manjiro manages to tame her mother with only a single sentence. How frightening.

ㅤ(Y/n) felt that she faded into the background as they chat away all sorts of stuff about them and her. Occasionally she would send a glare at them whenever they brought up questions about her dark past only to be slapped on the head by her mother.

ㅤ"Be nice (Y/n)! These two help you get home safe!" The girl looks at her friends with dread visible on her face. It has been less than an hour and her mother is already taking their side instead of hers. When Chifuyu and Kazutora came over it wasn't anything like this!

ㅤBoth of them put a hand over their mouth so they wouldn't be caught laughing at her misery. This is the first time they can see her face changing so much and they were really putting out all their stops to reel in the feeling of finally getting past her stoic persona.

ㅤ(Y/n) hung her head in shame as her mother continues on to talk with them. "Sorry about my daughter here. But it is nice to know my daughter actually has friends. We keep having to kick her out of the house when she turned six so she wouldn't hole up in her room every day..."

ㅤ"Don't worry ma'am. She has been a delight to have around!" Manjiro said rather cheerfully much to (Y/n)'s dread.

ㅤ"Oh yeah, she's okay." Ryuguji completely blank out on what to say to that. Is kicking a six-year-old girl out into the wild really a good idea? It's surprising (Y/n) didn't get kidnapped or something over that.

ㅤ(Y/n)'s mother rests her head on her hand as she soaks further into the sofa. "Really this girl lost her memories right when she turns six... I thought she would have had a hard life back then. All her friends left her and she didn't even cry." Her mother laments at the memory. She was there when her daughter's friends started to grow wary of her and eventually bully her out of the circle. It was a heartbreaking sight for a mother to see her child being abandoned like that.