Two ~ Alright, shut up now. We need to sleep.

Graduation came and went, and Nyx was grateful.

After the attack, exhaustion settled into her bones, and she couldn't even manipulate the douchebags in her class, despite being worse than ever. 

Josh, the teacher's pet, intentionally placed red dye on her chair to look like she bled through her skirt. Asshole! And she got in trouble for making a mess on the seat!

After sleeping through the graduation ceremony and the weeks following, she started feeling like her old self again, even getting a part-time job for the summer.

Nyx sat on a stool, waiting for the surge of night customers to arrive. The local cinema was a decent first job, despite the mix of odd characters wanting to watch whatever garbage was playing.

Strange tingling sensations brushed down her spine as a few people strolled through the automatic doors. A stout woman with pink hair arrived first in line, elbow linked with an imposing woman. Long blue bangs obscured the taller woman's face, and she played with her tongue piercing between crooked teeth.

"Two tickets, please." The pink-haired lady requested.

"To which movie?"

"Oh, uh. Any."

Ugh, not this again. "What? Sorry, I mean, you choose. I don't want to pick one  that you might not like."

The blue-haired woman's mouth turned down into what Nyx would classify as a frown, but it was hard to tell without seeing the top half of her face.

"The latest Fast and the Furious one will be fine."

"Okay, great. Any food or drink for you today?"

The pair stood staring blankly at Nyx for a painful amount of time. Then, finally, her manager, Aaron, came behind and tapped twice on the counter. Code for: are you okay? She tapped her foot on the floor twice in response before asking the question again.

The pink-haired lady laughed hysterically as if she had returned to her body from a bad trip. "No thanks."

Nyx swallowed and tried to keep her customer service smile plastered as she waited for payment. The blue-haired woman held out a fifty-dollar note, and Nyx went to take it when their hands brushed each other. Nyx had to stifle a gasp when she felt the pure darkness inside the woman. 

"Um, here's your change. Enjoy the movie." She slammed the money on the counter and signalled for Aaron to take the till so she could have a breather out the back.

A few minutes later, Aaron slipped through the door with a slight frown. "Are you alright? What the hell was that?"

"No idea. Drugs, maybe?" Nyx guessed, but deep down, she knew it was something else entirely. Two evil people in under a month? What the hell is happening?

"Well, they're gone now, and there's a cute guy out front."

Nyx sighed and let a small laugh escape before heading back out. "Why don't you have him then?" she asked.

"I already have a man; now hurry up." He nudged her out the door, and she grinned. The look slipped off immediately when she saw him. 

He wasn't cute at all.

 He was hot. 

So hot, it hurt her eyes to look at him for too long. His curled golden hair sat flawlessly styled and framed his square jaw perfectly. When his gaze connected with hers, she gasped. The brightest green eyes she had ever seen pulled her closer. They reminded her of the soft, silken moss growing on the rocks in her back garden.