Eight ~ Holy Hell. What was in that drink?

"Miss Knight? Are you alright?" Neo stood in front of his McClaren, arms crossed sexily beneath his hard chest. The sight almost distracted her from the frustration the last fifteen minutes gifted her.

"I've been better, Mister Mephisto."

The man in front of her raised a brow and opened the door, letting her in and bent down, so his face hovered inches from hers.

"Here, let me." His minty breath tickled the baby hairs around her face as he tugged her seat belt across her body. He buckled her in, leaning into the car just enough that she could see his perfect side profile. Swallowing a lump and discreetly squishing her thighs together, she shuddered as his hand trailed along the belt, first across the waist strap and then along her torso. With deft fingers, he adjusted the height of the shoulder strap and tucked a stray hair behind her ear. "I thought I told you to call me Neo."

A wisp of air escaped her lips as she scoffed. "Well, I want you to call me Nyx."

His sharp teeth made an appearance as he smirked down at her. "Alright, Nyx. Let's get out of here." He rounded the car, climbed in and sped off, driving as if he knew the way by heart.

"Do you have a place around here?" Nyx asked despite being sure he wouldn't live in the grimiest part of the city, where she currently resided.

"No, but I know my way around." His reply was clipped, and he kept his eyes on the road until Nyx shivered beside him.

"Cold?"

"Yeah, sorry. I was kind of in a rush to leave and forgot my jacket. And proper shoes." She stared down at her fluffy slippers with a growing flush across her chest. At least I have my embarrassment to keep me warm.

"You look perfect, Nyx. But I have a coat in the back you can borrow when we arrive."

She gazed over her outfit again and felt stupidly underdressed. Wherever he was planning on taking her, it was probably way fancier than her jeans and crop-singlet allowed. At least they aren't ripped jeans...

She felt a warm gaze on her again, and she turned to look out the window, swallowing the anxiety rising in her throat.

A hot blast of air caressed her body, and a delicious warmth radiated from her seat.

She looked over at him to see his eyes peering back at her. They flickered downward a millisecond before he recaptured her gaze. She had forgotten a bra, and the previous chill had frozen her in more places than one. Folding her arms over her chest, she smiled through the rising heat across her neck and cheekbones. "Thank you."

He nodded before returning his attention to the road, a smile tugging at his full lips.

The drive took a few minutes more before they pulled over next to a gorgeous glass building. The outdoor space had wild plants, heating, and a small water feature, instantly easing the tension in Nyx's body. It was so beautiful that she didn't notice the heavy feeling of being watched as they entered the building.

Inside had a similar ambience, with vining plants snaking around the entire establishment and a manufactured pond in the centre of the room. Square tables of light burnt oak framed the water, and beautiful people ate beautiful cuisine. Nyx drew Neo's designer coat closer around her shoulders and shrank behind the giant man. I don't belong here. This is way too fancy. What the hell am I doing right now?

Her mind almost sent her spiralling when a warm hand brushed against her cheek. "You're with me now," he said. "Don't worry about anyone else."

Confusion washed through her. Am I that obvious? Jesus, my thoughts must be written across my face. She attempted to relax her scrunching features, following behind Neo and an impossibly gorgeous woman that was supposed to be a server.