Twenty six ~ He hates you-

"Let's just do it. You've been hiding in your room all week. You can't let him control your life, Nyxie. It's Friday night; let's go to Bar '97. Please! We haven't gone out for ages, and soon we'll be too old."

We are already too old, Nyx thought.

Selene selected a giant silver hoop earring off her dresser and put it on while Nyx sat cross-legged on the floor, staring at the three dresses she laid on the bed.

Selene continued her convincing, "we haven't seen him at all, right? And surely he won't do anything in a crowded club. I'll bring my taser."

Nyx chuckled and picked a long-sleeved tight-fitting black dress. "Fine, okay fine. Only because I'm sick of being in this house, and you're right; it should be fine." Nyx shimmied into the outfit and tucked her nerves inside. 

If I can turn a demon into a human and make an angel fall, I should be able to handle a fallen angel.

After batting her lashes and pouting in the doorway, Selene invited Medea, and the three clambered into an Uber. After a short drive, they stepped out and joined the line outside Bar '97. They looked to be the oldest people there, and Nyx cringed. If Selene weren't so into dancing, she would have found something better to do on a Friday night. 

The line moved quickly, and Nyx smiled when the bouncer ID checked her.

Still got it.

A short, well-lit corridor appeared past the doors that opened into a large dance floor. Dancers framed the DJ booth, both professional and drunk uncoordinated patrons, and the bar took up the back wall. Four chained cages surrounded the bar filled with random attractive people selected by club promoters.

Nyx followed Selene and Medea to the bar, where they ordered their drinks and waited as they finished them in one guzzle. "You sure you don't want one, babe?" Selene shouted over the music.

"No, I'm good for now. Let's just dance."

A grin split Selene's face as she gripped Nyx's hands and pushed her into the crowds of people. Little halos blinked and swirled about everyone's heads, so Nyx kept her eyes slightly downcast. She let her body sway and spin to the music, her hands swirling in the air and disappearing in her wild copper waves. Nyx's hips had a mind of their own, and she nearly yelped when a warm pair of hands clasped each side of her waist. Her elbow turned to jab the assailant in the ribs, but a whisper stopped her. 

"Come find me." The grip lifted, and as Nyx spun to find the voice's owner, she was met by a blinking Medea.

"What that you?"

"What?"

"That touched my hips..."

Medea scrunched her nose. "What are you talking about? Nobody touched you. I've been behind you the whole time."

Come find me.

Nyx spun as the same voice whispered in her ear. "Where's Selene gone?"

Medea shrugged and wrapped her arms around herself. She looked small. "I think she said something about the bathroom."

Nyx muttered a quick thanks and headed for the toilets. Medea didn't follow, and Nyx shook off the cold tingles that trailed down her back. The bathroom door stood ajar, the darkened entrance setting off every alarm in her body. The urge to turn and run gripped her, but she needed to find Selene.

She leaned forward on her toes and let her head peek slightly past the door. "Selene? Are you in here?"

The seconds ticked on, and only the gentle drip of water from a busted pipe answered her. Instead of tempting fate any longer, she spun and went towards the dance floor, only to be halted by an iron grip around her bicep. A scream leapt from her lips, but another clammy palm halted its progress.