Seven ~ It came out of my freaking mouth, of course, I saw it!

The ride in Neo's silver Mcclaran drew more attention than Nyx needed on a hungover Sunday morning.

Lustful eyes from the most beautiful people she had ever seen followed a trail behind the man sitting in the driver's seat. His relaxed posture and casual sideglances were a turn-on if ever she saw one. He had showered and changed before they left and was sporting tailored black pants and a relaxed black dress shirt. Sleeves rolled to reveal deliciously toned forearms adorned with a well-polished Rolex. 

Dear God, he's so hot. I haven't had good sex in so long- Oh my God, Nyx, shut up! She groaned and buried her head in her hands when a sexy chuckle sounded beside her.

"How are you feeling?"

"I don't know, I only had one drink, but I feel so terrible. What the hell is in those green things your bar makes."

"Devils juice. It's fairly strong."

"Yeah, well, I didn't feel anything from it at first, but now I have a major headache." She groaned again at the morning sun peaked over the horizon and stabbed a tendril of light directly into her eyes.

"Fascinating. Did your friend have one of these drinks, too?"

"Yeah, she's the one who gave it to me."

"That would explain the blackout in a bush," he murmured. "That's our strongest drink. Not for the faint of heart."

Nyx sat quietly staring at her manicured nails, realising she had lost the pinky one at some point in the night's adventure. "Ah, shit! I just got these done."

Neo didn't respond for a few minutes until they reached the apartment block she had dialled into his GPS and pulled over. Nyx went to open the door when she found it was locked. Before she had the chance to panic, Neo got out, rounded the car and opened the door for her. His well-placed hand gave her enough support to climb from the lowered vehicle.

"Thank you," she whispered, still clasping his warm hands. Their size engulfed her own, and she gulped, looking into his eyes. In the daylight, they looked completely black, and the pupil was impossible to find. She realised she was staring and gently detached herself from him, noticing her ability wasn't working again. What the hell is happening to me? "Do you believe in souls?"

The question seemed to take the man opposite her by surprise. A wry smile twisted his lips. "I suppose you could say my job depends on them."

Nyx's face twisted slightly. "Huh? Actually, never mind. I can't talk about it anyway."

"Your curse?"

"What?"

A grouchy, garbled voice needled in her ear from the apartment's front doors.
"Nyxie! You bitch. I can't believe you ran off last night! Some weird demonic chic had to take me home!"

Selene looked worse for wear, her mascara still tracking down her cheeks and smearing across her neck, but her snarkiness was regretfully intact.

"You left me, Selene. I looked everywhere for you. Are you alright?"

"Yeah, I'm fine, no thanks to you. And where did you spend your night then, huh? With the evil guy from the club?" her tone shifted from jokey to accusing within moments.

"He's standing right here, Selene. And yes, he, um, he looked after me and helped find you."

Her face twisted into an ugly scowl. "I don't care if he hears me. He's evil. Do you hear me? E. V. I. L."

Nyx turned, prepared to muster an apology, but Neo's hardened gaze gave her pause. His eyes raked across Selene's flushed face, and his brows lifted slightly as if he found something of interest.