Fourteen ~It's real. It's all real.

Micah walked across the room, and Nyx felt the urge to run with every step closer. Despite his soul's 'pureness', something about him scared her. He stopped an arms-length from her, and she stepped back, bumping into an intoxicatingly warm body. She didn't need to look to know it was Neo, especially after seeing Micah's eyes narrow and brows furrow as he stared behind her.

"Nyx," Micah drawled, softening his face as he looked down at her.

"Hi." She smiled up at him, still leaning into Neo's tense frame. She may have been unravelling regarding the supernatural, but he always kept her safe. He made her feel safe. Neo's hands curled around Nyx's gloved forearms and held her in a soft, unexpected embrace as Micah stepped closer.

"I'm here to help you, Nyx. You aren't safe. You must know by now-"

"Save it, Adriel. You lost your chance. She's with me now." Neo's words turned up the heat in her chest a couple of notches.

"You know what we are, what he is. It's in his nature to deceive you." Micah urged her with his words. She saw his honesty and earnest look but still leaned away.

Something is not right.

"Don't make me show you the truth here, Nyx. You should understand that words don't always have to be spoken for the facts to be true." A crowd started forming as Micah drew attention to them.

Neo's chest rumbled against her back in a low warning.

"I-I don't know what you mean," Nyx stumbled over her words and looked up at Neo, but Micah's touch to her forehead drew her attention with blinding heat. She stifled a cry seeing his pure soul behind her eyes.

His glowing white orbs peered at her with terrifying focus. "Of course you do! Look around you."

"Don't do that." Nyx closed her eyes and turned in Neo's arms, burying her face in his chest. "Don't touch me."

Neo squeezed her tighter, growling at the man opposite them. "What have you done? Maeze, stay back."

"But, your soul." Nyx heard Maeze mutter at their side.

"I said stay back!"

Micah laughed. His harsh tone contradicted the beauty of it. "Seeing is believing, Aidoneus."

Nyx's heart pounded against her rib cage, and she was sure Neo would feel it. She went to look up at him, but his embrace held her still.

"How selfish could you be?" Neo's voice was harsh and guttural.

"Selfish? You are the one bringing her here when you are on the verge of war. Give her to me, and I will keep her safe. Too many of your father's followers want you dead. They wouldn't blink an eye killing her."

Nyx shuddered and pulled away again, using her palms to push Neo's body. She spun to curse at Micah, to tell him she wasn't property to be 'taken care of' when she saw them. The crowd. A mixture of black and pure white eyes stared down at her. Outlines of twelve-foot wings and twisted horns adorned the corresponding bodies. "Oh god."

Micah's white eyes shone brightest, and a giant pair of alabaster wings partially outstretched behind his broad shoulders.

It's real. It's all real.

The dark-eyed creatures in the crowd drew closer with sharp-tooth grins. The Demons?

The others drew back along the perimeter of the room. Angels? Holy shit. This is bad...

Nyx realised she stood alone; no comforting hands held her any longer. Micah looked triumphant and sneered behind her. She was getting tired of his smugness, but she turned anyway. Maeze caught her eye first, and Nyx gulped. The she-demon sported large black horns and talons that twitched at her sides, her black eyes regarding Nyx cautiously as she looked up at Neo.