one

one

Everybody presents when they are 18 or 19. In some -very rare- cases range goes to 21. But Jungkook never heard of someone who is 24 and not presented. He doesn't know his rank, no one knows. Not even doctors. So that practically makes him a weirdo in their community.

Just because of that one reason finishing college was a struggle. He had no actual social circle nor friends. He obviously didn't date. He didn't fall in love and no one falls in love with him. And after all of this he really thought college was bad but turns out finding a job is worse. No one wants to hire someone that they don't know if he's going to be in a rut or heat. How long will it take him to come back to work from his heats or ruts or whatever. And also Jungkook really thought that adult people will be more understanding and well... adults. But they are worse than his college friends. And by friends he means people who trick him and make him think that they are friends but always ended up just wanting his notes, or help about something.

But today Jungkook really needs to work. Because his bills and rent are coming and he has no cash at all to cover that. He needs to work hard, if he doesn't want to end up homeless. To his luck Alpha Prince of their pack is going to take the throne tomorrow. And Jungkook finally found a job that pays well. Even if it's just for two days, he's gonna take it.

He looks around his small but tidy apartment that he worked so hard for. He tried to make this place look like home, even though the apartment itself is in a very old building and literally rotting. He has his preferences too but he never gets a chance to live them apparently. Jungkook thinks he could be a very good interior designer. If he can manage to make that dumpster look good with a very limited budget he can probably create palaces.

He sighs and goes to the bathroom to take a shower. He checks himself on the old mirror that he decorated with fairy lights. He looks alright, he thinks. His mom  always told him that he has a beautiful face. Doe eyes and pink lips look attractive. But that is the thing. He looks soft enough to be an Omega and bulky enough to be an Alpha. He was always fit with lean muscles after all. So what is his rank? He sighs again and talks to himself ''Not today. I have a job after forever. We are not doing this conversation for the hundredth time.''

He takes a quick shower and gets ready immediately. It's pathetic really, how excited he is just to be a waiter. But he didn't even talk to anyone in so long that he can not help but feel hopeful again. Even though people always mock him, trick him and make really cruel pranks on him, he just wants a real connection. Just one friend, that's all. He didn't do anything wrong, he is a good person. He just doesn' think it's fair that he gets to treated that shitty. And it can't be helped either. He is a lost cause, he gets excited anyway while he wears his old jeans and t-shirt.

He is always extra careful about his clothes. Somehow dressing like an omega or alpha triggers some asshole and he ends up yelling at Jungkook or worse even beat him in some cases. Jungkook doesn't even know what dressing like an alpha or omega means, but he tries to remain neutral anyways. He tries to be the freak that everyone says that he is.

When he arrives at the pack house it is already noon. He left his house very early because he had to walk there. With some very rude comments from the people on the street. It seems like he is famous because of his condition. Everywhere he goes, it looks like people know him. He goes to the kitchen and finds Seokjin. He is the Omega that helped Jungkook find a job at the event. He was responsible for hiring employees for the event and he didn't care about Jungkook being rankless still.

''Oh my god, Jungkoogie, I thought you were going to be late. '' Jin hurries to him and gives him a hug. Jungkook tries not to panic. Because he doesn't even remember the last time he got one.

''Yeah, sorry hyung. I had to walk there.'' Jungkook says shyly.

''Oh no, you're not late honey. How are you? Come let me give you your gloves and apron.''

The time goes super fast after that. They decorate the main saloon. They carry stuff that the head waiter wants them to carry. They just follow orders really. Jungkook has no idea about these types of events. He just does what he's been told. But overall this place looks super elegant and beautiful. He wonders if the Alpha Prince even cares about what type of flower they put on tha tables.

Jungkook obviously never saw the Prince. But like everybody else he knows that he is incredibly strong, smart and he has everything that he needs to take the throne. Media always talks about how capable he is. He even went to normal schools like common people. He knows about his people and their lifestyle. Even though he is known for his parties and flings, the Prince is still the people's favorite.That's why his father insisted on giving the crown to him as soon as possible. And now at the age 28, Prince will finally be crowned.

While Jungkook is busy arranging the flowers, he hears the house maids panic and run all over the place. There is a kaos going on in the saloon and before Jungkook can ask anyone about it the Prince enters. They all bow to him but he doesn't even notice. He stands in the middle talking with some guy in a heated argument. Jungkook tilts his head and dares to look at the Prince. He looks mesmerizing. Black curls framing his sculpture-like features. Dark brown eyes and a scent that dominates the room. Jungkook can not exactly hear what he is saying but he is sure that Prince has a deep honey like voice. That much he can tell.

With the head waiter's sign some of the maid stops bowing and starts working again. Prince and the man next to him starts walking towards the stairs slowly. Prince is suppose to come to the salon after all of the guests arrive. He looks frustrated. Jungkook catches him slipping his fingers through his hair and sighs a couple of times.

''No one is paying you to stare freak.'' Jungkook hears the head waiter's voice from his back.

he mumbles a quick ''i'm sorry sir.''

''Get back to work.'' Head-waiter turns around and Jungkook can still catch some of his words like ''useless'' and ''trash'' With a loud sigh Jungkook turns on his heels to go back to flowers. He immediately collapses on the floor after he clashes with someone. Soon as he realizes that the person who he bumped is the Prince he bows and starts apologizing like crazy.

The Prince on the other hand doesn't say a word. He looks Jungkook in the eyes for a second. It looks like he is analyzing something. Jungkook stops apologizing because he is too scared now that an Alpha's gaze is on him. Not just any Alpha but the Prince. He's probably dead this time. It seems like the man next to Prince is also looking at Jungkook. Jungkook is not sure though, he feels like he can only process the %50 of everything. Prince doesn't lose much time. After that strong 5 second gaze -that Jungkook felt like it was 5 years- he keeps moving to the stairs. The man next to him looks up at Jungkook some more. From head to toe and then he keeps moving too.

When Jungkook catches his breath he sees the head waiter's piercing gaze on him this time. Oh no.