fourteen

"Pick another assistant? They already hiring?" Jungkook asked in fury.

"Well, yeah. Kookie, they have to. What are we going to do about the upcoming events? Pack House's PR Team wants to create this new image around The King because of all that Jihoon mess and they are gonna distract the public with Taehyung's new financial plans and your courting. There's gonna be lots of things to do. Interviews, photoshoots, videos, short films, public appearances. How am i supposed to do all of that and manage the Pack House? " Jin says while getting more anxious every second.

"Well, you could let me help..." Jungkook mumbles but shuts up immediately after seeing Jin's deadly glare.

***

When Taehyung's interview ended, they went to have lunch with a few business people from the Pack and they headed back to the Pack House. Jungkook just tagged along with them because he had no idea what he was supposed to do now. Taehyung tried to talk with him multiple times but he only vaguely answered. He was feeling a little down, he didn't wanna lose his job.

At least they had some time to rest in the pack house. Taehyung was working on his computer and Jungkook was silently (pretending to be) reading a book on the comfortable couch.

When he first started all he cared for was paying his bills. But now after spending so much time doing it, he didn't even realize how much he improved himself. He could manage multiple teams, he could manage crazy schedules, he could be detail-oriented, he could communicate with even the most difficult people. Now what will he do? Just walk after Taehyung like a puppy all day? Without having a thing to do?

"Are you okay?" Taehyung asked while giving him a worried look.

Jungkook took a deep breath. He should talk to Taehyung but he is so bummed about it.

"I know. It is the assistant thing right. I don't know what i'm gonna do either. What will i do if you're not there with me? How can i trust a stranger to be with me all day." Taehyung said.

Jungkook chuckled at his sulking. He didn't look like a King at all.

"I was a stranger to you at first too." Jungkook said.

"No, it's not the same. You just don't get it." Taehyung said while rolling his eyes.

Jungkook couldn't help but laugh at his irrational answer. He was so bummed all day that he didn't even realize that Taehyung was worse than him. He didn't take the "new assistant" news well at all.

"At least i made you laugh." Taehyung murmured while Jungkook was still laughing.

He sighed and turned to Taehyung who was putting his lap-top to the side in order to speak with Jungkook.

"Hyung, i just don't know what to do now. Yes you are worried for the new assistant but at least you know your job. You're the King, you're gonna deal with it. What am i supposed to do all day long? I was so used to working and now i have all of this time." Jungkook ended with a frustrated puff.

Taehyung stands up and sits with Jungkook "Wait, is this what this is about? You think you don't have a job to do?" Taehyung asks with eyes wide open.

Jungkook just nods back.

"you're gonna have a ton of work to do kookie. Do you know what a detailed process is in front of you? And here i thought that you were worried about being in this courting thing." Taehyung says.

Jungkook just shakes his head "no, it's just that i am so used to working but you're saying that in a way i'm gonna work again?" Jungkook asks hopefully.