ten

ten

They were very silent during the flight. Jungkook was getting worried. Even though the King said that Jungkook did nothing wrong and he is actually sad because he broke Jihoon's heart; Jungkook just couldn't shake the feeling that the air between them is weird. And he has no idea how people will react to them in the pack house.

Island people were different. They were more calm. All Jungkook could think about was the news about them. Before he started work with the King, when Taehyung was a prince, he was seeing news and rumors about the Prince's flings all the time. It was always a picture of the Alpha leaving a club or a party with omegas or betas. And people were not very nice towards those 'flings.' They could say the meanest things.

As someone who experienced bullying so much, Jungkook always felt bad for those people. Because the media knew nothing about them but that didn't stop them from blaming those people to be a pick me girl/boy. People were hating them for no reason at all.

But it seemed like they were treating Jungkook differently. Was it because they were on the island? Was it because they were not at a party but a private dinner? Was it because people already saw Jungkook on television too much, talking on behalf of the King.

Another thing was he still didn't presented. Yes, people seemed to think that he was suitable to be the next Luna. Luna was traditionally an omega, rarely a beta. Jungkook felt panic rise over him all over again.

With Jihoon, Jin and Taehyung, Jungkook managed to build a new life that he forgot his insecurities. Most of the days he wasn't even thinking about the rank issue. Now what would happen if people started to bully him again for it? What if he gets fired because of this? He couldn't stop himself from worrying all through the flight. Taehyung didn't speak to him either. He still looked sad that he and Jihoon had a heated discussion. Jungkook knew Jihoon wouldn't make a big deal out of it. But it seemed like Taehyung was feeling guilty because of his sudden outburst.

He had to stop feeling guilty because of it too. Rationally he knew that none of this was his fault. He didn't ask for being photographed like that, he didn't ask for ending up in the news or becoming a trend topic in social media. And deep down he knew he wasn't gonna lose his job. It was an unnecessary anxiety . He was good at his job, Jihoon and Taehyung told him so. They already knew Jungkook didn't presented yet, they hired him anyway.

None of this was his fault. He really shouldn't feel so guilty. He needs to take care of himself now. He needs to be more confident.

Now it was all clear to him that he should have done it years ago. Obviously, he's gonna present as his rank some time, Taehyung was right. Doctors told him countless times that he is healthy. Even if people start to bully him again, he doesn't have to respond in the same way he did for years. He did nothing wrong. He should stand up for himself. He will stand up for himself.

___

Jungkook wakes Taehyung up 15 minutes before landing. Taehyung felt relieved seeing Jungkook smiling down at him fondly. He was feeling guilty for acting that way towards Jungkook and Jihoon. Taehyung isn't even sure if he deserves that much of a caring approach from the two of them.

He was already feeling super nervous around Jungkook because the last few days he actually behaved bolder around the boy. They spend so much time together, Jungkook was making Taehyung feel so 'normal.' The more Jungkook got comfortable around the alpha, the more alpha started to love it. Despite Jungkook's hesitant and respectful manners he was always so caring and delicate towards Taehyung.

He never assumed that Taehyung, being the super strong important alpha he is, always good. No, Jungkook was constantly checking on him. Taehyung had assistans before. None of them was like Jungkook. The boy was the kindest. Not just towards Taehyung because he is the King, but to everyone. He voluntarily managed all of pack house's charity organizations. He was loved among the staff and maids. He probably still didn't realize that he is one of the high ranked elite people now. Those things didn't matter to Jungkook.