eight

eight

They are laying down side by side on the sunbeds before the pool. Taehyung canceled the dinner with businessmen, in order to let Jungkook watch stars. Jungkook followed him wordlessly after that statement, he didn't understand why Taehyung would do such a thing?

Maybe the King was too tired to go to dinner anyway? Whatever the reason might be, Jungkook just couldn't stop himself from blushing. He was feeling very very different for the past month. It was all too much, he is always some kind of flustered around Taehyung and he didn't like the fact that he has no control over it.

Taehyung told him to ask for a simple dinner from the maids but Jungkook made sure to add the word ''healthy'' Taehyung had a hard day, he needed to take care of himself. Jungkook even gathered all of his courage and told the King to hold back on the alcohol tonight, considering he had a huge hangover , just this morning. He doesn't understand where he finds all this courage from time to time, but Taehyung makes it easy. (sometimes)

So here they are, laying on the sunbeds side by side and watching stars. Jungkook was right, Taehyung thinks. The night sky looks absolutely mesmerizing in the island. He doesn't even remember when was the last time he took a time for himself like that.

Jungkook was quiet for a while, staring at the sky peacefully. It was so quiet and calm that Taehyung didn't even realize that he was staring at an oblivius Jungkook. All of a sudden Jungkook turned his head and looked at Taehyung hesitantly. Taehyung would usually asked if there is something that bothers him, but he was too embarrassed for caught staring, he kept quiet. Turns out there was no need for encouraging him, because the next minute Jungkook took a shaky breath and spoke very softly, like he is the one being embarrassing.

''Uhm...the island was so beautiful. It's small so, i had a chance to travel some parts today.''

''yeah, it's beautiful isn't it? i came here a lot when i was a prince, undercover of course. i had some intense partying here with Yoongi and Namjoon hyung.''

Jungkook started to smile shyly at that. ''Really?''

''Yes! My father would kill me if knew how many times i traveled here, skipping my education.''

''Do you miss it?''

''Miss what?''

''Being a prince.''

''No.''

Jungkook was taken a little back by how fast and sure Taehyung's answer was.

The King didn't notice he continued to explain with his deep voice, sounding very relaxed ''i mean, i prepared and waited for my coronation all my life. i just want to do a good job.''

Jungkook -maybe for the millionth time- thought that Taehyung did, in fact, born to rule.

''and also..''Taehyung said slowly grinning.

''It doesn't mean that i'm gonna have to stop enjoying the island just because i'm older now.''

Taehyung took a little pause, stared at Jungkook intensely(?) throw a little strawberry into his mouth.

''i never watched the night sky in the island before, for example. Not even when i was here as a prince.''

Was the King, slightly smirking at Jungkook?

''I believe you were talking about enjoying the island too.''

''Oh, of course.'' Jungkook said (and tried really hard not to stutter.) Why was he feeling so frustrated all of a sudden?

''as i was saying, i saw some parts of the island today and...and i was just picking items at a street market, you know, just to have a remembrance and i picked these little gifts for Jin hyung and Jihoon hyung and uhm...i -i choosesothingfou. ''