Chapter 20

Yeji's POV

I hugged my knees, avoiding her gaze. Is
she drunk? Tipsy? I can't smell anything—I just knew that she had a liquor because Lia sent a photo, minute after she went back home.

"You drank?" I asked.

'I forgot to show you what I saw earlier'

That's what Lia chatted before sending Ryujin's picture together with Heejin.

She went first to check her girl before me...that hurts. I wanna complain. I wanna burst out in tears in front of her. I wanna tell her how much she's hurting me. I don't like how our relationship's going anymore.

Ryujin sat on the edge of my bed, she set hongsam free from her hold that's why hongsam ran back to me.

"Does your wound hurt?" Ryujin asked.

The only visible part is my swollen lip, I hid the bruises around the edge of it with liquid foundation.

"Of course..." I said.

"Forgive me for what I've done Yeji." Ryujin mumbled that's why I looked at her. Why does my heart melt so sudden?

This is unfair. I shed tears in front of her last day—but she managed to hurt me.

This is unfair.

"Can you do me a favor?" Ryujin looked back, "Hug me when I'm mad or angry. Hug me every time I don't feel good. Just hug me Yeji...hug me every time I overthink. Hug me every time l'm suffering. Hug me every time I'm losing control...hug me..." tears streaming down her face.

I put hongsam down and got up to reach for her. I'm standing in front of her when she quickly buried her face on my tummy. I cupped her head as I deeply sighed.

"I'm sorry...I'm sorry Yeji..." Ryujin murmured.

She eventually parted from our hug that's why I knelt on the bed to cup her cheeks and wipe her tears.

"You're so precious to me Ryujin. I'm
sorry for everything that I've done..." I mumbled, thinking about something that had happened between me and Lia earlier.

I was out of my mind that time. I was carried away by her actions.

Ryujin kisses my lips, she didn't move until I responded. My body heated as her warm hand roams inside my shirt. I wrapped my hands around her neck to deepen our kiss. Ryujin's tongue travels inside my mouth down to my neck, it was pure bliss and I couldn't think of anything now.

All the pain washed away.

Her hand caresses my cheek which made me flinch. A confused expression plastered on Ryujin's face because of my action.

Why?

The memory of her...of that hand...the hand that hit me. Why am I feeling this uncertainty?

"W-What's wrong? Does this hurt?" Ryujin asked as her thumb runs on the bruises beneath my lips.

I stares at Ryujin. I'm looking at my very own Ryuddaeng, aren't I? The Ryujin who approached me with a back hug when I was just starting. How come this person becomes that person?