Jealousy Wins

JEALOUSY WINS
-----------------------

Vote &/or Comment ✨🔞

"You seem like you really enjoy your training," Eren's voice, harsher than usual, prompted her from behind.

Mikasa stopped unbuckling her three dimensional maneuver gear harnesses and turned around immediately. Her adoptive brother was standing near the entrance to the storage room - basically where every soldier put their 3DMG equipment and belts when they were not in use.

He was eyeing her, looking calm on the surface but she had been with him too long to be fooled. Behind his pair of emerald green eyes she saw fury, much too obvious for him to cover. She had no idea what could have angered him to that extent. Frowning slightly, she asked.

"What do you mean?" she said, not quite understanding where his remarks seemed to lead.

"I saw you training with Jean today," he answered, not particularly helpful for her to clear things up.

"What of it?" she asked, turning her back to him to face the wall. Casually she slipped her jacket off her shoulder and began taking off the belts around her chest and back, flapping them over and hanging them on a metal hook protruding from the wall.

"You really enjoyed it, didn't you?" Eren asked her the same question and she frowned for the second time.

What was he talking about? The training had been like usual. She had been paired with Jean in one on one hand-to-hand combat, yes, but there had been nothing else in it. She didn't particularly enjoy this training session better than any other times either. And she didn't know why Eren made such a fuss over it.

"I pinned him to the ground," she said finally, questioning if that had been what Eren was talking about.

She had certainly owned Jean in the training session today, more often than not pinning him to the ground until he yielded, he had not put much of a fight either, Eren would have put more resistance. Although Jean was quite stubborn, always refusing to give up after she had pinned him down, even when it was clear she had won the fight.

She began undoing the straps around her right thigh, followed by the left thigh, still confused about Eren's strange behavior, when a strong hand grabbed her wrist and forcefully made her turn.

"Did you fucking-" Eren cursed under his breath, his chest rose and fell rapidly, trying to keep his emotions under control, "Did you see his face when you - pinned him down? Under your body?"

The grip of his hand tightened tremendously on her wrist, and she was taken aback. She had been used to seeing Eren rage so often every now and then, but even by his standard this rage was beyond normal. The first time she had seen him like this, his hands were red of her kidnappers' blood. The second time she had seen him, tears were flowing down his face and he swore out loud to eradicate all the titans from this world.

And ever since they entered the training camp he had always raged when it came to Jean's idealism of living peacefully in the inner walls. But not once had she seen that anger directed to her.

"No I didn't," she answered his question honestly.

Jean's face? What of it? She had been too busy focusing on the hand-to-hand combat, she had no time to pay attention to his face. He would just look like usual anyway.
Eren clenched his teeth. The image flashed before his eyes - a scenery he was so eager to forget, but he could never seem to.