Chapter 2: Assembly

It was now Thursday and for the first 2 hours of the day we had an assembly. The administration was talking to Seniors about our privileges but somehow led to the school code of conduct so I zoned out.

Not surprisingly, I started to day dream about Dinah. The way she walked. The way she talked. How sometimes, if you catch her at the right time, she'll be squinting her eyes and tilting her head with the cutest thinking expression on her face. I smiled thinking about her doing that.

The only problem with thinking about her is that the way we were sitting in our auditorium she ended up next to me. I looked over to my left to where she was and just stared at her side profile. She sensed me staring and looked over to me and smirked. I was still looking at her though so she leaned in to my ear.

"Stop staring." She whispered.

I blushed and looked away. Then I thought about it. If she was going to make me feel like this then two can play at that. I went old school and took out a piece of paper.

Hi beautiful

I folded it up and slid it over to her. Out the side of my eye I saw her read it and blush. Mission accomplished. She pulled out a pen and wrote something down. I was looking at our superintendent, who was talking, so I didn't look to anxious. She slid it back over and I opened it.

Ms.Y/L/N are you flirting with me?

I smiled then scribbled down a reply.

Depends...

I slid it back and she furrowed her eyebrows. Quickly jotting something down she slid it back over.

On what?

If you liked it or not

When she read it she smiled which made me smile and look back at Ms. Hartley, our superintendent. She slid the paper back over

And what if I didn't

Then just call it being friendly... and "if you didn't"?? Does that mean you did??

Now anxious again for her reply I started to bite my finger nails.

If that's what you think ;)

Ms. Hansen are you flirting with me?

She giggled when she saw it and wrote something down.

Depends...

I smiled as we recreated the beginning of the conversation.

On what?

If you liked it or not

And what if I didn't

Then I'd have to give you detention

I giggled at her reply

An extra hour and a half with you?? Sounds more like a reward then a punishment ;)

She blushed then looked up as if thinking out what to put down. I looked back up to see our Vice Principal talking about us being the leaders of the school. Geez, like we don't already know. We were seniors for goodness sake.

Dinah slid the paper and I hurriedly opened it.

I don't know what to say to that...

Well, how about we just play 20 questions??

Okay, you go first..

Hmmm......favorite color??

Basic question but pink.... like a deep pink