Chapter 7: The Confessional

A/N Dinah looked so good at the San Andres Movie Premiere! What do y'all think about her maybe being the new Disney Princess, Moana? I think she would do amazing...but maybe it's just me....

My whole body went numb. They weren't supposed to find that out. EVER. This could ruin the whole family.

"Answer her!" My dad yelled. I jumped hearing how loud his voice got. He's screamed at me before but never like that.

I started to breathing erratically and felt light headed. Fortunately, my mom came over and walked me to the living room so I could sit down. She was the only calm one at the moment.

"Shh. Baby, just tell us what's going on. Why wouldn't you tell us about something like this?"

"I...you...it's..." I stopped taking a deep breath trying to get my thoughts together.

"Please don't be mad." I whispered.

"Just tell us what happened." My dad stated. I took at moment but then started.

"It was years ago. Almost 5. On my 13th birthday." My mom cut me off.

"You were with us for the first half of the day and at your godmother's the rest. So when did it happen?"

I felt my self start to cry. Struggling to keep it together, I continued.

"It happened at her house. It...it was, umm" I put my face in my hands as I spoke again.

"Ryan. It was Ryan." I started crying harder now. My mom hugged me and let me cry in her chest. I could feel the pressure of her chest too, so I knew she was trying not to cry. Through gritted teeth my dad tried clarifying before he lost it.

"Ryan. As in your godfather, Ryan." I looked at him and nodded.

He immediately got furious. Even though I knew his anger was at Ryan I still felt like it was my fault. He was screaming sometimes at my mom, sometimes at me, sometimes to himself.

"I told you Y/M/N that I didn't like that bastard! And why would you wait until he decides to drop off the face of the planet to tell us huh, Y/N! I'm gonna kill him." My mom tried to calm him down but it was no use.

Ryan was 43 now but back then he was 38. He was always so nice to me and my god-sister (his stepchild), so I never had a worry about him until that day. That was the last time I slept over there, I was always making excuses not to.

He made us run around and play all day so we would be tired by the time it got dark. Once me and Eden fell asleep and so did my step mom, Jordan, he came into our room. He picked us up and carried us individually in the living room which was furthest from his and Jordan's shared room.

He did things to both of us to the point where all I can remember clearly was the fear I had moments before and the pain I felt afterwards. He put us back in our beds and went back to his room, but I didn't sleep that night.

The worst part was the next morning when Eden woke up I asked her if she remembered anything that happened yesterday and she didn't. I felt so alone that I started to cry and went home shortly after.

Having all these memories and emotions come up was to much for me to handle; I ran out the house. My dad was so busy being pissed off he didn't hear me say I was going to go to the debate so I could clear my mind.

As I was driving I was trying to be as calm as possible to avoid any car accidents. Looking at the time I saw that the debate didn't start for another 30 minutes so I rerouted to Dinah's.

Once I pulled into her driveway I immediately ran to her door knocking multiple times. I heard her footsteps coming from the other side of the door.