Chapter 8: Apologies and Extra Credit

A/N The picture above is what Dinah is wearing later in the chapter.... ENJOY!!!

It was now Sunday, eleven days after everything blew up in my face. I was with Lauren and Nadia at Nadia's house. I wasn't mad at Lauren even though she felt horrible, thinking everything was her fault.

After my parents found out, I was barely at home. When I was it was just to sleep. My dad didn't even take me to school, I had Nadia come carpool. I avoided my house like the plague because of the tension that I felt. Every time my mom would look at me she looked guilty like she should've prevented it and my dad always looked like he was gonna kill someone. He barely talked anymore.

When I went home on Wednesday my dad was out "investigating" or something like that. My mom was locked in her room. I had to make a quick dinner for Matt and Alicia because they still hadn't ate. I even had to tuck them in which was usually something my dad would do so it took longer to get them to sleep.

Dinah has been calling, texting and emailing me since I left her house. I was still so upset that I've been skipping her class. I just couldn't be around her after what happened. It would make me upset just thinking about it. Talking to her would probably fix it but I just couldn't.

Not being able to stay in my house I went to Nadia's after the debate and pretty much stayed there or at Lauren's. Like now, I'm at Nadia's along with Lauren talking about it yet again.

They kept trying to get me to call Dinah at first and apologize but when I finally told them why she called me childish and how she reacted they stopped bringing it up.

"So, what do y'all want to do at... 11:29 at night?" Lauren asked. Me and Nadia shrugged, eating more dry cereal we had out in a bowl.

"I just want to blast The One I Gave My Heart To by Aaliyah and go to sleep..." They looked at me understanding then turned it on and we all fell asleep.

------------------

I had brought clothes for school knowing I was most likely going to stay over. So, the next morning I woke up first and took a shower then woke up Nadia so she could go next. After my morning routine I made some coffee for all of us and got a yogurt. Once everyone was ready Nadia and Lauren took Nadia's car and I took mine.

As we walked through the doors we went straight to our lockers doing what we would usually do every morning.

Last night the girls talked me into actually going to Art. They used the fact that I loved drawing and it actually helps me forget my problems to get me to go. So I grabbed my art pad too.

I walked over to them and hugged Nadia before she went off to class. Lauren gave my shoulder a squeeze before we walked to Art.

Getting there we were slightly early so not a lot of people were there, even Dinah. So I went to my regular seat next to Laur and got my stuff out keeping quiet. When the bell rung the rest of my class walked in with Dinah behind them.

She was fixing all of her stuff and looked disoriented. I just ignored it though and waited for the lesson to start; which it did a few seconds later, even though she was teaching while organizing still.

"Okay class. Quiet down. Okay. Today we are going to make a pastel drawing of someone you admire. The lessons we did last week were to prepare you for this. You have-" She looked up and instantly made eye contact with me. My heart speed up and I immediately looked away. In order to play it off though, she spoke.

"Nice to see you Ms. Y/L/N. Feeling any better?"

I rolled my eyes. Hearing her try to talk to me coded made me upset again. Lauren rubbed my arm in understanding.