Chapter 5: Her Place

A/N This is what I imagined Nadia to look like.

Getting out of my dad's car I was still upset. My dad tried cheering me up in the car but it didn't work. I just wanted to take a shower and talk to Dinah; so, I did just that.

After I got out of the shower and putting on my sleep clothes, I grabbed my phone and texted Dinah.

To: My Poly Babe 🙊💕😍 Hey, are you up?

I layed in bed and got comfortable before checking my phone for a response, which there was.

From: My Poly Babe 🙊💕😍 Yeah. How'd the game go?

To: My Poly Babe 🙊💕😍 Bad. We lost. I feel responsible.

Instead of texting me back she called me.

Hello?

Why would you feel responsible for that?

It's just that I'm captain and we just weren't clicking today...I don't know Di. I just feel like if I would've had my head in the game then we would've won.

It's not your fault though, boo. Everyone has off days.

Yeah, but it's never been this bad.

It will be okay. Tomorrow is Wednesday right?

Yeah.

Come by my place. You need to rest now. We can talk about it then since we won't see each other outside of class.

Okay, but I do have curfew so don't try corrupting me.

She laughed at that and it made me smile in return.

Whatever Y/N. I'll see you tomorrow okay?

Yeah, alright. See you.

After hanging up with Dinah I felt better and instantly fell asleep.

--

Wednesday after school, I stopped by my house before driving over to Dinah's. Apparently, she lived only 10 minutes away from me.

When I knocked it took only a few seconds before the door opened. Shockingly though it wasn't Dinah.

"I'm sorry, this must be the wrong house."

"Oh no, you're Y/N right?"

"Uhh, yeah. And you are?"

Taking another look at her she was beautiful. She had long brown hair that stopped her mid-torso. She looked Hispanic, Cuban maybe. She had big brown eyes that made her look younger than she probably was.

"I'm Camila. I'm Dinah's best friend." She held her hand out to shake mine.

"It's nice to meet you."

"Likewise." Pulling my hand back, she still stood in the doorway while I was on the porch. She was just looking at me while I was scratching the back of my neck. After a few more seconds I broke the silence.

"So, is she here or..." She hit her hand to her forehead.

"Of course. Sorry, come in. She's in the kitchen, it's down the hall to the right." "It's okay, thank you."

Walking in, I looked around and it was very modern set up. It sort of screamed Dinah, though. Not shockingly I saw a Beyoncé poster here and there which made me roll my eyes.

I saw Dinah leaning over the counter on her phone. I walked up and poked her sides while saying "BOO!" She screamed dropping her phone. Turning around she started to yell.