Chapter 21: One door closes

A/N I'm back!! Okay so I had an epiphany about how to end this story so I had to erase half the chapter and re-write it so it could fit my ending. And you guys might hate me for it because I so wasn't going to do that but I think my ending is an original twist to the other books so it had to happen. And in the story I mention Duke University... If you happen to live in Durham... Imagine you just live further than you actually do. But anyways...
ENJOY!!

After everything that happened on Friday, Dinah and I have been going strong. It's been a little over a week now and even though I miss her presence in every which way, the distance shockingly has made us stronger, and more honest with each other. Nadia and Lauren have been making fun of us all the time now because in class I'm always so lost in her I can't focus. And when no one is paying attention we apparently make googly eyes at each other and smile and blush a lot.

It was Thursday night and I hadn't been able to see Dinah all day since she was in a meeting during our class period. And I won't see her tomorrow because of graduation rehearsal. So, once I got Matt and Alicia from daycare, I went home to make them a snack leaving them to watch T.V. I went upstairs to lay down on my bed and text Dinah.

To - Boo Bear❤: Hey boo wyd

From - Boo Bear❤: Hey babe nothing. Why what's up??

Instead of responding to her I called her. I needed to hear her voice. When I put the phone to my ear she answered on the first ring.

Hey. Is everything okay?

She said in a rush and worriedly making me chuckle.

Everything is fine D. I just wanted to hear your voice.

Oh... I knew that. How you been?

I'm alright. I miss you though. Like a lot.

Aw, babe. I miss you too. I can't wait to be able to touch you without looking over our shoulders.

Yeah. But where were you today? I almost died not seeing you.

It was just a meeting about y'all. Like all the senior activities and stuff. Oh and you know the Grammy Award thing they do for like 'Class Clown' and stuff?