Chapter 26: The Court is Now in Session

A/N Hallooo... So here is the next chapter. So if my writing goes right there should be two or three more chapters after this then the epilogue which might be a two parter.

But the picture is what you wear to prom. The only thing is that the blue bow tie, cuffs, nails and heels are actually green. Like a lime green like Lauren's dress which will be updated with the next chapter which should be done soon... ENJOY!!❤❤

"Hey sweetie."

My mom said leaning against the doorway as she watched me examine myself in the mirror.

"So you're not mad that I'm not in a long dress waiting for my knight to come pick me up?"

I questioned her mockingly; which she just smiled to. Before walking closer to me. I turned around and she started to tie my bow tie while I fixed my cuffs.

"How could I be mad when you look so beautiful."

She said kissing my forehead when she was done with the tie. I mouthed thank you and turned back around to look in the mirror. As I was looking at myself my mind drifted to yesterday. After I woke up on my godmom's couch I had almost 100 texts and missed phone calls combined from Lauren. She wanted to know if they should still prepare for prom or not. I really didn't want to go because of the whole Dinah thing, but I knew Lauren would always wonder what if. And I wanted this day to be perfect for her, so I told her to get ready.

Now here I am, thinking about what Dinah would've looked like if she wasn't in jail. If she would've been looking in her mirror thinking about how much I would love her dress. If Mila and Ally would've been there helping her get ready. If they would've told her to calm down because I would love the dress because I love her.

My mom noticed how I stopped my movements and just stood there in the mirror looking off in space. She slowly approached me putting her hand on my lower back pulling me from my thoughts.

"You still have an hour and a half before you have to meet Lauren at her house for the limo."

She said and I nodded my head in agreement.

"Yeah, I know."

"Then come on. Let's go."

She said going to put on her shoes and a light jacket. I grabbed my phone and the corsage following behind her to the car. She was driving and I couldn't sit in wonder anymore.

"Ma, where are we going?"

She looked at me quickly, smiling, before answering.

"To see the person who would want to see you the most."

I widened my eyes and when I looked back out to the street I saw her pull into the parking lot of the precinct where Dinah was. I gasped looking at my mom again to see her still smiling widely.

"I could see it in your face. All you were thinking about was what would happen today if she wasn't in here, weren't you?"

I didn't even have to answer. She just turned the car off and got out. I was in a slight shock and it took for my mom to come to the passenger side of the car and open my door for me to snap out of it. She held out her hand and I took it as she helped me out of the car.

When we got to the front desk, I felt every one looking at me because who comes to a precinct dressed in a suit and heels in her hand like they were on their way to prom. The officer at the desk asked if I was even in the right place before he asked me what I needed.