Chapter 14: Wow, Really?

Four Weeks Later

It was Wednesday and my team made it to the championship. The game was on Saturday and I was distressed, flustered, neurotic, ecstatic, scared, I just couldn't use one word to describe how I was feeling.

I was ready to go to Dinah's house now. Our Valentine's Day dinner went amazing. I was upset that all the surprises I had for her I had to give her before dinner so I felt like it wasn't as big as it should be. But she eased my my mind all throughout dinner. I even went back to her house after. It was like 11:00 when I got there and, sadly, my curfew was midnight.

But we talked and watched a little T.V. She wore my necklace to dinner and while we were on her couch I was playing with it. She always would laugh at me but I told her it meant a lot to me that she even wore it. She told me that she would wear it every chance she got and we ended up kissing.... more like making out.... okay it got really serious really fast and it took for my mother to call for me for me to stop and realize that it was 30 minutes passed midnight.

As I was making my way out the door my mom stopped me.

"Hey sweetie. Where you headed?" She questioned.

"Just to a friends." I responded hesitantly. She gave me this 'yeah right' look and when that happens she starts to make theories; they're usually true.

"Well it isn't Lauren's or Nadia's because their parents say they haven't seen you in a few weeks. And they don't stay here. So..."

"Mom, we have a championship game in a few days. They have been practicing three times harder than normal. I just decided to take a break and go to a friends house. Plus I'm Captain. I can take breaks." I rebutted quickly. I shocked myself at how fast I was able to make up the lie. Even though the beginning was true, the latter not so much.

She bought it, but in the way that suspicious mothers buy lies. You know, they go 'okay' but their face says 'I'm watching you'. She nodded her head and said 'okay' then let me leave. I left without any question.

I pulled up to Dinah's house and went up to knock on her door. A weird sense of deja vu hit me when the door opened and it wasn't Dinah.

"Well, I know I'm at the right house this time." I mumbled to myself. The girl giggled; she must've heard me.

"Hey, so you must be Y/N. It's nice to meet you." She said sticking her hand out.

"I would say the same if I knew your name." I said as I took her hand and shook it lightly.

"Ally. I'm Dinah's best friend."

"Ahh. So you're her other best friend."

She giggled.

"The one and only. But we were actually about to leave."

I scrunched my face in confusion.

"You and Dinah?"

"Oh no! Me and my boyfriend, Troy. Sorry for the confusion."

I smiled back at her.

"It's fine--"

A tall boy came up behind her in the door.

"So, you must be Troy."

He smiled and nodded.

"Yep, nice to meet you. But, babe Dinah is officially kicking us out."

Ally rolled her eyes and I chuckled at Dinah's bluntness.

"Well, I guess I'll see y'all another time."

I said as they walked out the house and I went to stand where they were previously.