Needy

August POV-

There was a knock at my hotel room door. I debated ignoring it. After hanging up on Jazz I was just drained and frustrated. However the knocks didn't stop.

I reluctantly got up to answer it.

"Was coming to see if you had some wings left."

I closed the door in T's face and went back to my bed. He caught it.

"Damn Yung. What's wrong with you?"
He walked in and found my container of food left because I loss my appetite and started chowing down. Placing his legs up for comfort on the stool while he ate.

"You in here. That's what's wrong."

"What Jazmine do now?" He said licking his fingers.

"She too damn needy man." I said looking at my phone because I got an influx of text from Jazmine asking me to call her.

"All women needy Yung. And once you get rid of one need here they come with another." T wiped his hand on a napkin.

"Tell me about. It's never enough. And she insecure. She come questioning me like I'm hiding her from my house."

"What you mean?"

"She asked me why she hasn't been over my house since we got back?"

"You never there."

"Exactly. I been working on my album. You know most nights we sleep in the studio. Why would I invite you over to an empty house, or invite you over to have to turn around and leave. I told her where I keep my spare key and my alarm code. I'm like go if you want?"

"Now what if she go over there?" T laughed.

"Let her go. I aint got shit to hide. Might of fact I want her to go and take DJ ass, so they both feel stupid. Cause I know that's who got in her ear. He always starting shit and when she get around him, she act like she ain't got no mind of her own. It's like who you fucking, me or DJ?" I threw my phone down on the bed in frustration as I saw an incoming call from Jazz.

"So she just tripping on the house?"

"And this video the Shaderoom posted of me and Princess."

"But you told her about it ahead of time right? So why she tripping?"

I sighed. "I didn't tell her."

"Now that's where you fucked up. When you don't say nothing then you leave it open for other folks to step in."

"I should have told her but I just didn't want to make a big deal out of it. Cause it's just me performing. Nothing else."

"But still. Cause if roles were reversed you know you would trip."

I sighed knowing T was right.

"Well now that I'm full I can go to sleep. " he said bout to walk out, rubbing his belly.

"Can you throw your trash away please?"

"The maid will get it. Nite." He closed the door.

"Lazy ass." I mumbled.

I debated whether to call Jazz back tonight or tomorrow. I didn't want this shit to linger so I re-called her.

She picked up. There was silence for a minute.

"I'm waiting on my apology." I finally broke the silence.

"And I'm waiting on mine." She said with a hint of attitude.

"Guess you gon be waiting then."

"Guess you are too."

"No I'm not cause I'm bout to hang the fuck up."

"Goodbye then."

We both waited for the other to hang up. Neither one of us did. We just sat on the phone, knowing each other were still on the line because occasionally we'd sniff. Clear our throat. Or make some other random noise.

We were being mad petty we know. But low key we didn't hang up because we both wanted to get pass this shit and get back to being each other's bum. But we were stubborn.

"DJ over there?" I asked her.

"Is your dancer in your hotel room?"

"She is. Laying right next to me. Her and all that ass she got."

"Well I wish you and her the best."

"Thank you we gon need it when we get married next week." I yawned.

"Fuck you August."

"You mad?"

"You're disrespectful. You didn't even tell me that was added to the show. I had to find out about it on social media. And people in the comments saying..." She started to cry.

I rolled my eyes. She was so damn emotional and dramatic. 😫

"Their saying you and her have sexual energy. And they can tell something is going on by how she is separate from the other dancers. And even her outfit is different. That hurts August." She sniffed and blew her nose loudly.

This was the look on my face ▶️ 😒

"You're not going to say anything?" She asked me as we sat in a sea of silence.

"I'm tired." I yawned.

She sucked her teeth.

"I'm not gon keep defending or explaining myself. I should've told you yes, and I'm sorry about not doing that. But if you want to believe niggas on social media and DJ, instead of the nigga you make love to, then fine. But I'm not playing these reindeer games with yo ass."

Jazmine was the type of woman that was spoiled and needed a lot of attention. And if I didn't set boundaries by being just a tad bit stern, she would use her emotions to manipulate me.

Don't get it twisted. I love her and I don't mind comforting her legit insecurities, but some of that stuff was her wanting me to tell her a million times a day she was my only and I wasn't bout to keep repeating myself.

"I'm not playing games, but I deserve to know."

"You know now so. I'm not gon keep talking about it. She my dancer. I deal with her on stage only in a performance capacity. Don't ask me no mo."

"Whatever August you don't have to be an ass. Goodnight."

"You bet not hang up on this phone without telling me you love me first."

"Goodbye." She laughed.

"I'm not playing."

"I love you August. Bye."

"That's more like it."

"Whatever ." She smacked her lips.

"Call me when you wake up." I yawned. "You'll be up before me."

"Okay."

"Aight. Love you. Bye." I said and hung up, then went to sleep.

*can y'all see a difference in Augs? I can lol*