Keep It Professional

**** Yall see Aug new teeth gems in the m/m. The tat artist said they last from 1 month to 6 plus years depending on how well they keep it up. ****

JAZMINE P.O.V. -

"Where are you about to go?" Lauren came in my room and plopped on my bed eating a popsicle. I was sitting at my vanity mirror putting my make up on.

"With Aug."

She quickly sat up. "With Aug? When did this happen?"

"Last night while you were laid out in the backseat. He asked me to chill with him today." I said putting on my mascara.

"And you weren't going to tell me?"

"I was. I just got so busy trying to finish work so I could go. Then I woke up late."

"You so wrong. I get you the hook-up then you keep me out the loop."

The doorbell rang.

"Can you go get that?" I asked her putting on my lipstick.

She got off the bed and went to the front door.

From the loud mouth I heard as soon as the door popped open, I knew it was DJ. Oh God, I just knew he was going to have something negative to say.

"She in here getting ready." Lauren said walking back to the room. She returned to her position on the bed.

"Where you going, looking all fancy?" DJ sat on the bed.

"She got a date." Lauren butted in.

"It's not a date. We're just chilling." I put on my earrings.

"Who's we're?"

"Please don't tell him." I begged Lauren with my eyes.

"August Alsina."

"I told you, you were going to fall for his ratchet ass." DJ hung his head low and shook it, ashamed of me.

"Lauren why would you do that? He hates him."

"I do. I really do."

"Why?" Lauren furrowed her eyebrows at DJ.

"I just can't deal with his fuck-boy behavior."

"What? He is the furthest thing from a fuck-boy. I know some and he ain't one. You got to be around him. He's really a sweet dude." Lauren defended Aug.

"I'll believe it, when I see it. When he's not trying to throw chairs backstage at a non-violence concert."

"DJ stop." I looked at him seriously.

He was going too far.

"You're one of his goons now? Defending him?"

"You're speaking on shit you don't know about. And seeing as he's a client now, you need to learn to respect him."

"I will be cordial. But he has to earn my respect. Anyway, you said y'all were just "chilling." You know that's niggas code-word for fucking."

"We are not going to have sex." DJ was getting on my damn nerve now.

"That's what all the hoes say. Mark my words. His idea of chilling is going to mean, trying to get in them granny panties you wearing."

Lauren laughed. "DJ I told him he know better than that. He not gon try to do that."

"Where y'all going anyway? Maybe I can chill too?" He said saracastically.

"I don't know. He didn't tell me." I got my heels out my closet and put them on.