Hard Decisions

"One more chapter after this."

Jazmine POV-

"Bitch you are showing the fuck out."

DJ looked at me as I surveyed myself in the mirror.

"How? You made the dress." I was trying to decide which outfit I wanted to wear to Amb's surprise engagement.

We all traveled to Phoenix where they both now lived because she was stationed there in the military.

"He's an ass man?" DJ asked me.

"No. Thigh. But I'm not even thinking about him. I want to wear this dress for me."

"If you say so. And that's weird. Thigh?"

"Yeah he said something about the feeling he'd get when I would wrap them around...why are we talking about him. I'm going to support Amb and David. No other reason."

"Well you know he's not going to let you off the hook that easy. He's going to want to talk."

"Can we focus on Amb and David?"

I put on my dress. I really wasn't trying to think about August right now. I wanted to focus on the reason I was in Phoenix.

"What if he is in our hotel?"

"DJ!"

"My bad. I was just saying."

I rolled my eyes and went in the bathroom to finish putting on my makeup and fixing my hair.

August POV-

"Aug you okay in there?" T knocked on the door.

I flushed the toilet as I watched the contents of throw up swirl and disappear.

"Yeah." I wiped my mouth. Then got up from my knees.

I was nervous as shit. I couldn't hold any food down. I didn't want to go, but David was my brother, he invited me and I wanted to support.

I rinsed out my mouth with water then brushed my teeth. Gargled with mouthwash then opened the door.

I sat on the edge of my hotel bed.

"I think I'm just gon send David a gift."

"Yung we came all the way out here. You going."

"I thought I was ready to face her. I'm not. I thought I would be okay if she said no. I'm not. And the thought of being in the same room as her and not being able to kiss and touch her, is just killing me. Amb and David was supposed to be us. I was supposed to be doing this for her. I love my son and I wouldn't give him up for the world. But I want Jazz to. I don't want to have to choose."

"It's not your decision to make."

I looked at T. "You don't think we should be together anyway."

"I'm not saying that. I know you love her. I've seen what not having her has done. I've seen you beat yourself up. I've seen you cry. I know you are sincerely sorry. All I'm saying is, despite all of that, it's Jazmine's decision to make. But because I've seen all of that, I will at least ask her to have a conversation with you."

"Thank you man. I appreciate it."

"Aight let's go."

We got up and went.

Jazmine POV-

My heart stopped as August and T came through the door. I immediately went out to the deck in their backyard.