𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

𝐃𝐎𝐍'𝐓 𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐎𝐍𝐆 👹

__________________ ׂׂૢ་༘࿐
┊ ⋆ ┊   .   ┊   ┊
┊    ┊⋆     ┊   .
┊    ┊       ⋆˚              
✧. ┊         ┊❁ཻུ۪۪♡ 
⋆ ★

ʜᴀᴘᴘʏ ᴛʜᴀɴᴋsɢɪᴠɪɴɢ

half of you was dreading the upcoming day. it was the first holiday you were spending without your family and it was about to be drama-filled if the worst came to past. you didn't know what to expect however. you weren't aware of how Eren interacted with adults, only your professors which he didn't give a crap about. you were also pretty nervous to meet his mother and father for the first time. it felt awfully premature. you hadn't even known Eren for 6 months, let alone been in a relationship with him, but here you are; meeting his mother and father. having dinner with them.

you'd never met the parent of a boy you've liked, except Levi's, in such a domestic setting. it was only ever at school during parent-teacher conferences and you'd only ever get a glimpse of them, never actually meet or talk to them. then the daunting thought crossed your mind like fire, has Eren told his mother about you? surely not. if he did, that would mean he would have to tell her about what he did and it's safer to just not say anything as the situation is rather embarrassing. but Eren might be very close with his mother, or maybe his father (no i don't think so), or is older brother Zeke?

a light knock on the door interrupted your out of control worries.

it was 9am which meant it was time to head to church in about an hour. Uncle Kenny's wife came to check on you to make sure you were awake. you told her you were just getting dressed and would be downstairs soon for breakfast. you continued your makeup, focusing on the fine details of your eyeliner rather than Eren's closeness with his family tree. that was an obstacle you weren't crossing until 5pm later that day, what's the point of stressing yourself out now.

you went downstairs, following the sweet aroma of waffles, maple syrup and strawberries. Uncle Kenny's famous thanksgiving waffles. years where your family would share this holiday with Levi's were topped off with Kenny's divine waffles. it must have been an Ackerman secret recipe as no other waffle, not even iHop, could beat Kenny's. they tastes as if he put heaven in the batter, making them light and fluffy. you tried convincing him to M&M's to the batter one year when he let you "help in the kitchen" as a little kid and he got so offended you were banned from their kitchen until further notice. you specifically remember him saying "just because they are a luxury doesn't mean they need to be filled with tiffy candy."

yes, his waffles are all healthy, 100% natural. bummer.

"hmm seems good." Levi came up behind you. he lowered his nose to your exposures shoulder. "and i'm not talking about the waffles." he whispered indelicately.

you watched as he walked in front of you, towards that dining table and pulled up a chair for himself. what is he playing at today? nonetheless, you walked up to the table and sat down next to him. you whispered playfully, "behave today."

he rested his hand on your thigh. "why? because Eren's coming over?"

"no." you removed his hand without too much force. "because your behaviour is inappropriate for a day like this."

"hm." he hummed, licking his lips. "i can show you what's inappropriate."

"oi. that's enough kids. we're about to eat." Kenny interrupted Levi's attempt to entice you.

"told you." you acted all innocent. he scowled.

Uncle Kenny and his wife sat on the other side of the table and began to bless the food. this side of the Ackerman family were not particularly religious but Kenny always felt it was right to be thankful to whatever higher power there is for providing us with family, especially since not everyone is fortunate to have you.