𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

"what are you doing here?" Eren asked.

"it's thanksgiving, where else would i be other than with my family at this time of the year?" Grisha spoke like his son asked a stupid question.

"what about all the other years then?" Eren gritted his teeth.

"Eren, y/n, why don't you both come inside?" Carla nervously ushered you in.

you didn't know whether or not to go in so you looked at Eren for approve, but his angry eyes never met your worried ones in that moment. that didn't stop him from guiding you in with his hand looming behind your waist.

Grisha stepped aside to let you enter. you kept your gaze on him as you stepped inside, fixedly looking at how to his face scrunched up and his eyes never faltered from his natural eye level. you didn't know what to think of this moment, and you couldn't guess how it would play out. all you knew was that Eren was no longer close with his dad. and it didn't help that Eren resembled his mother perfectly. but there was something about Eren that was so 'Grisha-like', maybe it's the way both their eyes pierced right through your soul if you were caught looking into them for too long. or maybe it was how their tall, lean bodies towered over you as they stuffed there hands in their pockets while exchanging glances between each other.

all three Jaeger men had the same body language, Zeke was definitely his father's son and it was now evident that Eren was the perfect mix of his parents. while he was his mother's twin, his attitude was exactly like his fathers. the way Grisha didn't even acknowledge you was the same as when you encountered Eren, the same chilling effect. both of them in their separate moments you didn't exist to them.

Kenny shut the front door and cleared his throat.
"Grisha would you like to use my office to talk to your son?" he offered.

"that would be appreciated Kenny, lead the way."
he nodded. "you first, son."

Eren gritted his teeth. you took ahold of his tense arm and squeezed the muscle, just to let him know you're here for him, whatever happens.

he followed Kenny into the his office, his dad following behind. the door shut.

"where's Levi?" you turned round to ask Mikasa. she was lazily lounging on the couch with her mother, eating pumpkin pie.

"he went out to calm down. us Ackermans don't handle drama well." she spoke as a matter of fact.

"damn right we don't." Kenny had made his way back to the living room. "Carla what the hell is Grisha doing here?" he whisper-yelled.

"i don't know. the whole point of us coming was so he wouldn't see us today. how did he find out we were here?" she whispered back.

"that might be my fault." Zeke spoke feebly, scratching his nape in shame.

"what?" Carla was mildly shocked.

"sorry i didn't know you were avoiding him. he asked me what my plans but he assured me he was working and couldn't come. he even said we should enjoy ourselves."

"it's not your fault Zeke, you wouldn't have known."

"forgive me?" he kept his head low.

Carla approached him and gave him a hug. "of course sweetheart."

you walked gravitated to the direction of Kenny's office. you hadn't heard any sound come from there. wondering what was going on, you stood outside the door and plastered your ear to the door.

ᴇʀᴇɴ's ᴘᴏᴠ

we just stared at each other for the first couple of moment, my dad standing in front of the door and myself leaning on Kenny's desk - which wasn't a far enough distance from him. my mind had a lot of questions like 'what the hell is he doing here?' why all of a sudden does he wanna spend time with his family? is he dying? what did he think of y/n?' but my lips stayed sealed. he's the one that came so he must have something to say, right?